KPA Wiki - A germ. Need help from you all guys, Kemper included!

• One of the things I appreciate more in a growing on-line community like this, is that some people give a concrete help for the common sake! Many supply great profiles, cabs, DI; some creates profile lists, some is able to offer dedicated HW mods for pedalboards, or even magnetic skins! :thumbup:

This is my personal contribution to this brotherhood. I've finally sorted my personal KPA Wiki file out. I'm posting it here, so anyone can use it. :)

I've tried to keep out opinions, hypothesis, ideas and suggestions and to fix on paper real, solid, consistent data only.

Be aware this is a work-in-progress, and it has just begun!

Feel free to use this material at wish, and to add items and paste things into it.
    But, it will be much useful if you also pointed out (via PM to me or on this very thread) what's missing, so that I can keep an "official" copy of it always up-to-date. This way, when we are able to start a real on-line Wiki we'll have lots of things already made.

Links to posts, private information, personal tricks are welcome, as well as suggestions for missing items or subjects!
    Also, I'll appreciate any corrections and suggestions from members, and Kemper themselves.

Last but not least, anyone of you wishing to be accounted for any info contained in the file, just notify me ;)

Some notes on the file:

• It's a Word 2010 file;

• Page numbers in the TOC are dynamic fields, linked to bookmarks;

• I've placed the bookmarks just after each chapter's title, on the
      same line, across the book; it might be advisable not to play with them
      unless you know what you're doing!

• If pages get longer, or something is added, the page numbers in
      the Contents are not necessarily automatically updated, unless your Word
      is set to do so. At any time you can select them, right-click and
      choose "Refresh fields", or whatever your localized Word version reads.
      The easiest way to do this is to select the whole document, no need for
      selecting them on a one-by-one basis.

C'mon people, let's keep this thing going!

• I have to be honest here, I did expect more enthusiasm about this! LOL

If you guys find this is not interesting for the community, I'd be (seriously) be interested in knowing why, in the spirit of improving it.
    I'll go on collecting info on my file anyway, but it will be kept for myself and would save the trouble to make it more readable, refine the formatting etc...and regularly publish updates.
    Granted, no sarcasm :)

Any feedback will be really appreciated.

• Don't fret. I for one appreciate your efforts. However, I think the Wiki is one of those things that's only appreciated when you really need it. Until then, well ... 8|

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• LOL

I guess you're spot on!
    But I was asking for suggestions and group work, not praises (which are anyway always welcome of course).

On a side note, I appreciate Till's and Andy's work and CH's skins even not physically owning a KPA yet :P

• LOL

I guess you're spot on!
    But I was asking for suggestions and group work, not praises (which are anyway always welcome of course).

On a side note, I appreciate Till's and Andy's work and CH's skins even not physically owning a KPA yet :P

Why dont you own a KPA yet?
    The wiki is a great idea, - but its a "time will tell" soloution, there complex beasts! - and so is the KPA IF you really want it to be : )

• Well, I'm sure there're several people attending this board and trying to understand more about the machine before buying it.
    OTOH, do you remember all those complaints responded with a "we knew it was a new-born machine, and some problem had to be expected"? Well, I don't want to complaint :)

About the Wiki... What I'm doing is collecting interesting tricks, machine-related issues, suggestions from Kemper and users as well. It's still an easy task at the moment, since the forum is so young and small... This way I can collect all the meaningful information while it's produced/posted.
    It doesn't seem to me it would be smart to wait: what would the use be? We know that this stuff will be needed/useful within months... why waiting, and work harder later on? :huh:

Anyway, it's not a problem for me to go on by myself, really. I'm just surprised that no-one seems to share this vision! Not because my visions have to be the most popular (LOL), but just because it will take progressively longer and become harder to collect information and I see no reason for waiting for the amount of information to become huge before starting ordering/filtering it.

BTW, thank you for your hard work, and congratulation for its quality! Everyone on this board seem to be fallen in love with your profiles. Looking forward to trying them :)