Rig Manager - Find & Replace text function for batch editing.

• I would like to see the ability to batch edit profiles with a find/replace function.

Example, find every profile that contains "MeBo" and change it to "MESA"

Find every profile that says "Mars" and change it to "Marshall"

And so on. I've got 4 or 5 different ways people have typed "Mesa Boogie" and it will take forever to go profile by profile, changing "MB" or "MeBo" or "Boogie" to "Mesa".

Thanks.

• i think you can already do that.

open RM

search on the required text - MeBo

you will now have a lost of all rigs with MeBo somewhere in their tags.

lets say you want to change the amp Name field from MeBo to Mesa Boogie.

highlight all the rigs in your search results.

go to the inspector on the right hand side and type Mesa Boogie in the Amplifier Field.

all selected rigs should automatically update to replace MeBo with Mesa Boogie.

• that”s intended behaviour as he rig names are personal any unique. They don’t necessarily need to reflect the amp but could be song names or anything else you want.

I get that. For now, I want to be able to see some basic settings at a glance without getting my computer and opening rig manager (EDIT: Or twiddling through multiple menus). For example, I have 50+ VH4 profiles with various channels and boosts, that are numbered. There's no obvious pattern to the numbering scheme and if it's boosted or whatever. So I'd like to be able to take all the profiles that are VH4s, channel 4, boosted with a Fortin 33, and rename them to something like "VH4 CH4 F33 1, VH4 CH4 F33 2, VH4 CH4 F33 3, and so on.

Even an option in Rig Manager to regenerate the profile name based upon the tag contents would be nice, and I can't imagine it would be that difficult from a programming standpoint.