Great News...Enhanced KPA MIDI interface available NOW! Please read!

• OK...so we do have options from Gordius, KMI, and Rocktron. Now we need the NRPN documentation!

Any news from Kemper on whrn we might see some documentation for the NRPN mapping would be great

• .....Now we need the NRPN documentation!

Any news from Kemper on whrn we might see some documentation for the NRPN mapping would be great

Any news on when we will get NRPN parameter documentation? My KPA is sitting, waiting to be integrated into my live rig. I can't do anything without documentation.

bd

• Anyone interested in Line6 FBV support for the KPA? If I could get the list of the parameters and how exactly bidirectional communication works that should be easy to do.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• If you are using a computer, you can convert CC messages to NPRN. MIDIPipe on the Mac, for instance, can do that.

• Yes, please....anyone with some "stroke" with the Kemper team, please press for NRPN documentation! I am in a holding pattern until I can integrate to a floor controller with the same flexibility as my current Roland rig.

bd

• Be careful with the Soft Step. I had one for a short time and it was basically unusable due to the fact that the editor software is written with Max MSP and was incredibly buggy. If they've written proper drivers and editor software it may be OK now, but I was shocked to find out how pre-alpha it was even months after it had started shipping.

• I wonder if they'll have to implement some sort of MIDI data smoothing if these cc's are to be useful in real time expression... maybe OK for editing using a computer UI but could be bad in real time use...

• Others have reported MIDI expression pedals working well with the KPA's Wah. If it was 'notchy", surely they would notice. NRPN is several CC's in succession so performance may be reduced. My main goal is to get the documentation so we can all take the next step with user-developed software editors, smartphone apps, and floorpedal implementations.

I want to be able to tweak parameters with my feet...not necessarily in "real time", just need to make on the fly changes. The standard MIDI implementation comes close already. My push for NRPN docs is really about possibilities. I'm waiting because I know I will invest a lot of time once we have it.

Its great news that we are close to having the keys to unlocking this hidden potential in the KPA! mDan is da MAN!

bd

• Oh yeah, I think it would be awesome as it would allow someone to develop a VST editor, which would be useful in my recording work flow.

• Be careful with the Soft Step. I had one for a short time and it was basically unusable due to the fact that the editor software is written with Max MSP and was incredibly buggy. If they've written proper drivers and editor software it may be OK now, but I was shocked to find out how pre-alpha it was even months after it had started shipping.

Thanks for the heads up on this.
    I will do some intense research on this issue, before committing to the Soft Step.
    I really loved the idea of each pad, also being a foot controller, plus the small size.

• mDan, this NRPN bla bla bla are useful for the two way communication of the kempline?

Yes. But we have to see how well the KPA can do bidirectional communication. If there is "only" presetname/tuner or also effect states like in the axe etc. - I'll find out the next days :)

Btw... basically you should be able to use any midi foot pedal that handels more than 1 CC message. NRPN == couple of CC messages.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar

• Yes. But we have to see how well the KPA can do bidirectional communication. If there is "only" presetname/tuner or also effect states like in the axe etc. - I'll find out the next days :)

Btw... basically you should be able to use any midi foot pedal that handels more than 1 CC message. NRPN == couple of CC messages.

Hi mDan,

I am a total MIDIOT, maybe you can help me out on this:

I have a Voodoo Lab GCP and wonder if it can send multiple CC messages? Probably too product specific a question.

On another note: what is the consensus on the most suited and affordable MIDI controller for the KPA. From what I have read in this thread, Kemper might not come out with the controller in the near future or at all.

Thanks in advance,

Dote