pop-punk tones

• how you all doing lads?

im a big fan of blink-182, neck deep, sum 41 and the like. i was wondering, whoever has a similar taste, what profiles are you using? would love to hear what you all are playing

• Grew up playing the genre (and skate punk), am in a skate punk band right now (or at least I'll go back to being in one when we're allowed to do things).

General advice: unless you're in Pennywise and want to mid scoop and make the guitar hard to hear, it's still really critical to crank your mids.

While there have been some outliers, the bulk of guitar players in the genre have played:

- Marshall JCM800 (sometimes JCM900)

- Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier

- Orange AD30 (or more recently) Rockerverb 50

Standard gear in the early 2000s with two guitar players was:

- One playing a LP, the other playing a strat (sometimes two LPs, and sometimes a SG was thrown in there)

- Both guitar players playing Dual Rectifiers (it was endemic)

- Bass player playing a P Bass or StingRay through an SVT head and refrigerator cab

I've preferred Orange for awhile. For the stock profiles on Kemper, I've found I like the GB- Oranje RV 50 808 as my primary with Gibson 490T pickups. I found one of the Dual Rec profiles with an 808 that worked well for me but I can't remember which one it is without investigating. I don't like the Marshall high situation. Having that Tube Screamer thrown up front works pretty well for me too.

Note that I primarily got my Kemper for another band which has a lot of complicated amp/effects stuff going on. It's kind of overkill for this kind of music for me.

• Also, I'm pretty sure Sum 41 is straight up using Kempers now.

Except for Steve-O. That guy quit years ago and is apparently a real estate agent in Arizona or something.

Steve-O can play his drums through a kemper?? ;)

Classic run down of pop punk gear though, will do some hunting of these amps myself. Cheers!