Tip #2: Delete Profiles

• fast delete & restoration?

Push the Softbutton One (top left button above the display) while you switch on the KPA and keep pushing until a message appears 'Mainetenance Mode'. As soon as the unit has started please push the Maintenance button, then the Memory button, and the Init Flash. This will clean-up the internal flash memory. Afterwards shut down and start again. There should be no rigs on your unit right now. Now you can restore factory rigs and which will bring your KPA into its initial state or import some from the USB pendrive 8)

got this info from support...

• Thanks!
    I was searching for that. Will try it out tomorrow.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Can anyone post a step by step for Mac users, please

TOTAL COMMANDER is a program in the Windows world. You need to install something similar for MAC. I found this here: muCOMMANDER. Maybe this helps. I don't know it but it seems to be capable of handling .tar files. In the MAC finder you see the backup files just as one file with the ending .kpabackup (for example my "2012-06-07 18-17-40.kpabackup"). When you browse to the same file with the TOTAL COMMANDER then you find out that you can click on that file and it will open just like a regular folder. There inside this folder you will see all the content that you want to change. This is because those backup-files are not just simple files but packed archives. So there is no need to store your changes, you just browse upward and leave the backup-file or you exit TOTAL COMMANDER and your changes are stored. I am not shure if muCOMMANDER works the same way, maybe you will have to store your file at this point then. Then you transfer your changes by uploading your backupfile through the restore process in the KPA.

But anyway I also would like to know if this method is confirmed by the KPA support. Would be really handy to have a dedicated editor software for the KPA.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited 5 times, last by fretboardminer ().

• Thank for the tip, I could nit get anything to work so I took the Kemper, sat on the couch and deleted one at a time.
    I got it down to 200 for now.
    I will go thru those and cut it in half at least.
    When I get it down to a good number I will start adding one at a time from my profile collection on my Mac.
    I would love to really get it down to no more that 50, maybe less.
    I can always add more when needed.
    We really, really need a liberian bad, to me this should be first on the to do list at Kemper headquarters.
    I really love this box but navigating the profiles on the Kemper is a real drag.
    I will keep on hoping it comes soon.
    Chris

• TOTAL COMMANDER is a program in the Windows world. You need to install something similar for MAC. I found this here: muCOMMANDER. Maybe this helps. I don't know it but it seems to be capable of handling .tar files. In the MAC finder you see the backup files just as one file with the ending .kpabackup (for example my "2012-06-07 18-17-40.kpabackup"). When you browse to the same file with the TOTAL COMMANDER then you find out that you can click on that file and it will open just like a regular folder. There inside this folder you will see all the content that you want to change. This is because those backup-files are not just simple files but packed archives. So there is no need to store your changes, you just browse upward and leave the backup-file or you exit TOTAL COMMANDER and your changes are stored. I am not shure if muCOMMANDER works the same way, maybe you will have to store your file at this point then. Then you transfer your changes by uploading your backupfile through the restore process in the KPA.

But anyway I also would like to know if this method is confirmed by the KPA support. Would be really handy to have a dedicated editor software for the KPA.

This worked very well, thanks! :D