Be aware of the digital sonic artifacts (aliasing) in your KPA!

• Exactly how many times do you start up when performing a show? :D It's good to let real tube amps warm up for at least 10 to 20 minutes you know. I can't see how 2 or 3 minutes for the Kemper to boot is killing show times. Plus Neil could use the extra pre-show setup time to get his hairpiece and pants snake perfect.

You start up the same number of times as you crash, and at 60 seconds plus startup time, one crash is a show stopper.

PS: Neil Diamond still fills more Arenas than most major touring acts - why do you need to make this personal?

All modelers known to man 8o

• [quote='Animus',index.php?page=Thread&postID=35105#post35105][quote='Radley',index.php?page=Thread&postID=35095#post35095]

You start up the same number of times as you crash, and at 60 seconds plus startup time, one crash is a show stopper.

Maybe the first versions were very unstable or maybe I'm just lucky, but this is my experience:
    I started using KPA with the 1.0.8, I tried a lot of downloaded profiles (most of them useless) and after a couple of days the master output started to act weird (below 5.0 almost zero output).
    I did a backup, reset memory and tried with factory preset... Everything perfect.
    I tried restoring my backup and.... Same issue with the master output!
    Some preset corrupted my system...

I decided to restart everything with factory preset and add only one preset at a time deleting it immediately if unusable or useless for me.

Since then I programmed a fcb1010 (UnO chip) and used my KPA almost EVERY DAY and IT NEVER CRASHED! :D
    I find it very stable and with a great sound... the best I ever heard on a digital machine.
    The start up time is not really a problem... I turn it on once a day/concert :thumbup:

Just my 2 cents...

• No need to be jealous - it's easy! I use two hi output twin-blade Dimarzio PUs for Neck & Bridge, and one Bill Armstrong zero hum Strat PU in the middle....anytime I engage the middle PU, it's quack-city - Stratsville for days! Zero hum & noise, all the time...

Great mind think alike! I have a ProTrack in neck position, a FastTrack I in the middle and a FastTrack II at the bridge, i have also installed a coil split for the clean sounds. :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• You start up the same number of times as you crash, and at 60 seconds plus startup time, one crash is a show stopper.

PS: Neil Diamond still fills more Arenas than most major touring acts - why do you need to make this personal?

Sorry man, that was my attempt at a joke. :P

• I believe those of us who own a KPA look forward to all debugging to be done and final FW be released.

As for me, I trust I can count on that happening. I think I affirmed that when I put up my money to purchase the KPA. The tone, IMO, has been delivered. If it's possible to make it better? Do so. I have done numerous gigs without a glitch. I believe that going from "no reputation" to genuine speaks volumes about where the virtual amp market actually has genuine traction.,

Anyone that lays their money down has a right to their expectations.

Having some understanding about manufacturing realities? The stupidest move Kemper < the folks vested and invested > could enter into would be farming out a damn thing about the KPA.
    Any company which leases/licensces or turns over any intellectual properties prior to patent award is fucking crazy.... Just as true, any company that wants the "Kemper deal" without boiler plate exclusivity, invites investors certain to litigate due deligence actions as long a either side has money to litigate.

Radley suggest that there is a rapid response ready company standing in the wings to "do it right". I suggest that if that was the case, it would have already happened. There's no editorial intended by me. I do wonder why one product's developer dismissed a possibility, then adopts a workaround to "match" the value???

I see that the 800 pound Gorilla in the room is that Kemper is onto something some folks truly should have considered looking for. Maybe Radley can suggest these software debugging teams exist and will clarify a method not previously on their "radar". I do believe it's a bit pugnacious to advise a company that does something well and heretofor unaccomplished by another company has a need to hand the polishing to people that didn't GET IT in the first place.

I'll stick with CK... full speed ahead.

Edited 3 times, last by 1fastdog ().

• I believe most all of us who own a Kemper are excited about this new approach to digital guitar sound - we would just like to see the process accelerated in any way possible, because time waits for no one.... neither guitar players nor programmers.... the clock is always ticking.

• To say it another way - Kemper has something truly special, and it needs to be made available to the masses. The 'wrapper' must never become an impediment to 'the goods', if you will. The wrapper is the 'containment vehicle' and is thus important, yet it must be supportive, not detrimental to the primary. Weak noise reduction and audible digital aliasing are two serious flaws that will hold the KPA back when competing with the newest breed of digital modelers.

• So this thread is kept alive.....

I doubt that this will make CK work any faster on problems that might only exist in some peoples heads.

I am constantly using my Kemper in the Studio and at home side by side to real tube amps and have yet to hear any of the aliasing. The Noise Gate I do not use, never used one with real tube amps.

To say it in Zappa's words:

Shut up and play yer guitar! ;)

Dote

Edited once, last by Dote ().

• Please play your own guitar - I can talk and play at the same time. If you don't use a noise gate, it doesn't make you a bigger man, only a noisier one...

• In my line of work, noise reduction is not an 'option' - it is sorely needed to combat all the RF from the motorized lights, wireless systems etc. Amazingly, Boss is still one of the best in this regard.

• I am constantly using my Kemper in the Studio and at home side by side to real tube amps and have yet to hear any of the aliasing. The Noise Gate I do not use, never used one with real tube amps.

Me too... no digital aliasing (never) and I don't like noise gate on my guitar... with a volume pedal (FCB1010) you don't really need it.
    But now I'm curious... what is the problem with the Kemper Noise gate? I tried a bit and it sounds ok.
    What's wrong? :?:

• Ballantine: is related to use with some extreme high gain settings that in real life would probably blow the speakers and let the coils fly on to the audience....never had an issue either, but I'm not in to Chugga Chugga

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff