Be aware of the digital sonic artifacts (aliasing) in your KPA!

• the point of the kpa is be almost the same as the tube amps it emulates and it is so close to being that, why compromise just so you can get "pitch shifting nao!"?... go get a zoom for much less and be happy

also i fixed this one: "when... go practice!"

• I´m leaving this thread alone, that problem should have been solved since months, and it´s boring writing and reading the same over and over again ......

I understand the frustration - but I think this thread and all the sound samples are great to get attention from the mothership - and hey, CK wrote some pages above that it can be fixed.

This is the #1 upgrade I would like to see (even more important then performance mode or new effects).

The KPA would be perfect - tone wise - after this.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• With the gain at (IMHO) unusable settings, yes the highest notes on the guitar will have a ghost note underneath. But artificial harmonics completely unreal? This is a completely exposed clip featuring a pinch harmonic @ :43 single note playing between the 15th and 18th fret on the B string: http://www.theampfactory.com/audio_samples/1580.mp3. I think many of you folks have become fixated on this. No doubt CK and crew will do something to address this, but posts like this IMHO are blowing things way, way out of proportion.

I disagree respectfully ....

I dont think it happens at unreasonable settings I think those settings are reasonable for lead work ,
    I grew up in the 80s and have seen many bands using high gain setups and checked out thier rigs stryper was one to use a ton of gain and pushing the amp with a parametric eq,
    for screaming leads nothing beats high gain for metal , and alot of rock , for rythm i agree too much gain can cause a flubby woofy , bassy distorted tone , but for leads , gain is essential for sustain .

• conflating this with fractalfx again will only feed into any paranoia from that side. in fact it seems to indicate that this paranoia exists here as well.

• BTW ..anyone tried to plug an external preamp into return and use the X slot ? I get monster aliesing noises in this case to the point that it is unusable..if I use a pre slot (and bypass stack) it works fine..weird

• I think we all have different interpretations of high gain.

you already said it. ;)

Your sound example is far from "extreme high gain" IMO, hard rock and metals players use to use way more gain than that!
    The prescence of aliasing is already confimed by CK. He also said, that it can be easiliy fixed.
    IMHO it´s no longer necessary to post examples where it´s more or less or not audible.
    8)

• you already said it. ;)

Your sound example is far from "extreme high gain" IMO, hard rock and metals players use to use way more gain than that!
    The prescence of aliasing is already confimed by CK. He also said, that it can be easiliy fixed.
    IMHO it´s no longer necessary to post examples where it´s more or less or not audible.
    8)

+1 :thumbup:

• cannot believe this thread is still goin' on ??? :wacko:

1988 Branko Radulovic Hand Made Strat in Macedonia (SFRJ)

2006 Steve Vai vwh moded with SS frets and Sustainac 2006 (Japan)

2008 Fender YJM , moded (USA)

2010 Tom Andersons Drop Top 2010 (made in California)

2017 Charvel GG sig Caramelised Ash (USA)

2022 Gibson ES 335 2011 Custom Shop Cherry of course ( Memphis)

• This needs to be going on until it's fixed - IMHO it's the biggest KPA problem.

All other wishes are "nice to have" - this is about bad sound.

Yes, it's only audidable when using notes and high gain - but then its very bad.

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de