Tweaking

• Hey guys,
    I was wondering how much the Kemper needs tweaking to get usabel sounds?
    I'm not at tweaker at all, i'm not good at it '(currently own an 11R) and i just want to play :)

• I can get a usable sound (actually several different) from any profile in matter of minutes. Many rigs are good to go. It depends if you're a tone hunter (=cork sniffer :D ) or not.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• For me I can't believe how many effects I'm NOT using. The amp profiles are so good I find myself adding a little delay or reverb and that's it. Last week I brought a different amp to practice just for a change and our Bass player got a little mad when he thought I had ditched the Kemper. He said you can't get any better tone than the Kemper gets and he was going to be mad if I had changed my rig. I assured him it was just a test and I would bring the Kemper back again!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Hey Sloe Gin...60Strat here I remember you from the AVID site...been over here for 4 months...still use 11 Rack as Pro Tools interface still love the sounds I got from the 11 but the Kemper sounds are so great and the feel is so nice I haven't played my 11 Rack since opening the Kemper box...I get stuck on different profiles for hours at a time...highly reccomend you make the plunge.

• Well I sometimes tweak the gain and very occasionally the presence knob, but really most of the time I just pick a profile, play and leave all the tweaking to my fingers and the volume pot and pickup selector on the guitar. Oh, though occasionally I like to turn on the reverb or delay.

Most of the tones are useable straight as is, though occasionally there are some that have bad micing but I simply delete those profiles.

• Hey Sloe Gin...60Strat here I remember you from the AVID site...been over here for 4 months...still use 11 Rack as Pro Tools interface still love the sounds I got from the 11 but the Kemper sounds are so great and the feel is so nice I haven't played my 11 Rack since opening the Kemper box...I get stuck on different profiles for hours at a time...highly reccomend you make the plunge.

Hehe cool to read experiences from fellow 11R users ;)

• I think the secret is to choose a good cabinet. With the correct cab sim , i have to tweak only a little few profiles only ! For maoghany guitars, i choose tills 1960 006, simply superb !

Hey 60strat, how can i send you a PM?
    Sorry for offtopic ...