Parallel Guitar/Bass-Setup (Royal Blood / Dyse) with the Kemper

• Hi everyone,

I'm just wondering if you can create a Royal Blood or Dyse setup with the Kemper and its outputs? I mean whether it is possible to feed a bass amp in parallel and alternately, in addition to the guitar signal output via the Kemper's power amp or main outputs, e.g. via the Direct Out, an attached switch (e.g. Lehle Little Dual or similar) and a (bass) effects chain (Octaver, Drive, etc.) attached to it, which can be switched on and off with the switch in addition to the guitar output. I know...long sentence...but I hope you understand what I mean... Basically it's about a dual-git bass setup, played by one guitarist. Admittedly, we don't have a bass player right now, so necessity is the mother of invention... But apart from that, I see a new groovy challenge for me as a guitarist, which I would like to try out. Luckily my drummer buddy stands faithfully by my side...

I mean, this should work, but I'm wondering what advantage the Kemper has over a conventional amp...the trick should be to be able to switch the DirectOut on and off via the remote to be able to do it without an external switcher...or am I on a false line here now?

I am looking forward to your feedback, so long,

Andreas

• go into rig menu and enable parallel path. This will send one signal through stomps A and B then straight to the output bypassing everything else. The other signal will bypass A and B but go through everything else.

now you have two options.

You can stick an octave or transpose effect in stomp A plus something else in B and send everything to the same amp as a unified sound.

alternatively you can stick the FX loop effect in Stomp B and only connect the send. This will break the signal path so you only send the “bass” signal to amp X and the guitar signal to amp Y

• Thanks for your brilliant hint!

Admittedly I needed some time to get through it, as I have not yet dealt with the parallel path. But now it seems very plausible to me. I think that my problem is solved!