Picking up radio stations

• Poor shielding somewhere. If it's in the KPA then I'm not sure ther's anything you could do short of either opening up the whole box and putting some shielding in the case or putting the kpa in a shielded box. There's a good chance it's the cables you used though or your guitar pickups. The KPA can add quite a bit more gain than most real amps which would account for it showing up that way, and you can sometimes pick up radio frequencies too when grounding is an issue. Check the ground lift etc options on the back of the KPA for the outputs you were using, there needs to be one ground somewhere, but it shouldn't be through your amp circuit.

• my theory is an internal gain control is set to max and nothing resets it except formatting the flash memory on the Kemper and redoing the presets from factory defaut

I did this, although I wasn't picking up radio stations, I was getting loads of noise and after the total reset everything sounds great again.

• Were you running any pedals up front?

Did you try a different guitar with it when it was happening?

I've got a great fuzz face and it picks up radio stations especially when I back off the guitar volume which is something tat can easily happen with that circuit.

I've also got a boutique stray that's not shielded. You play it with the fuzz face and you've got a virtual AM radio.

"Tone is in the fingers" is not a necessary response to anything that I might type on any internet forum threads. Thank you.