Carvin Nomad Profiles

• Just uploaded 2 Carvin Nomad profiles: Clean Middle EQ (Carvin Nomad ClnMdlE) & Clean Favorite EQ (Carvin Nomad ClnFavE). The Favorite EQ is with alot more bass & less mid & treble & acoustic presence at middle setting. The Middle EQ is with Bass, Mid & Treble at center position & no presence. I hope people enjoy them. I've found it difficult to find good "Clean" profiles on this site for jazz work. Found one or 2 Fenders & the Henriksen Jazz Amp is great (Thanks!) but that's about it. Most seem to be noisy & fade in/out when played. Some are simply unuseable even for distortion/high gain users. I plan to obtain a Acoustic Image Corus & Evans profile in a month & will upload when obtained. Any body have other good clean Jazz sounding profiles out there?

• Any body have other good clean Jazz sounding profiles out there?

Hi Dakozmos. Go to My Profile - Settings - Communication and enable IM's. I'll send some links to a few of my rigs.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I zipped them, so here's a link to all my "clean" rigs. Hopefully there'll be something useful for you there. Also, if you're experiencing issues with the sound cutting in/out, you might check the noise gate setting. If it's too high you get strange results like that. Also check your input levels.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/690187…gs/ZAP%20Clean%20Rigs.zip

One more thought. Some of these sound best with single coils and some with humbuckers. Try each rig out with different combinations. One that sounds mediocre with a HB can sound godlike with a single coil, and vice versa. There's also the issue of eq for your personal ears and gear, plus preferences for delay and reverb levels. I suspect that most of us tweak at least some area of a rig to suit our own tastes ...

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Thanks much for the zip file. I'll try the profiles when I get a chance. Yah I know it's probably the noise gate but if you turn down the gate then so many profiles are all noise & not useable. I don't really understand how some people even post them. I concur with your take on individual taste & EQ settings, etc. Ex. the Nomad profiles I posted are dry & need reverb & other tastes. Part of the fun is making them sound your own. By the way, I didn't post the Carvin's Channel 2 b/c I don't use distortion but if anyone wants me to post something, I can try. Thanks again!