Kemper through a PA

• Ive tried the pa route before with eleven rack/ pod hd/ and axe fx ultra and hated everything about it from the sound to the feel it was alien to me and sounded bad. I would tweak until i was happy it was the best i could get out of the modeller. At best it sounded acceptable but nothing more then i would switch back to my amp and in a/b tests my guitar amp blew it away by a mile it was not even close. Axe users were telling me its because you need to tweak more, well i can tweak very well and know how to get good sounds out of any gear i use but it just wasn't happening here so i gave up on the idea completely.

Two days ago i finally tested my kemper through our pa ( the same pa i used with the others) just out of curiosity as i had a spare hour and what i heard blew me away. In less than 1 minute i dialed in a fantastic sound and was so blown away by it i quickly fired up my amp to compare and BOOM there it was. The Kemper blew my amp away in every aspect.

The moral of the story is if you've tried modelers through a pa before and hated it like i did then try it again with the Kemper 8o

• At present I only play in my home studio, so my perspective is quite different. However, it's reassuring to hear validation from the guys out there on stages. Thanks! :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• looks like a backup kemper is needed to be on the safe side.

If you messed too much with downloaded profiles and your Kemper is not reliable just reset your memory and add just the amps you really wanna use.
    I mean... pretend to have two or three amps (that's a lot for a live performance!) and a bunch of stomp boxes with you on the stage and make different sounds with stomp boxes and/or different settings.
    That's what I did and I have no problem at all :)

• Good results going PA direct is hard to achieve with any of the modelers if you don't create and test your tones through an FRFR system. Building patches from scratch using PA speakers or studio monitors as your reference usually works out well. Another factor is room and eq variance from venue to venue, I use a realtime analyzer to set the FOH eq the first time in a new venue. Its not perfect but is a good starting point. My patches are consistent and fairly true to the tone I dial in at home.

The fact you say the KPA sounds so good without tons of tweaking running PA direct is a testament to the authenticity of its sound! Most modelers require a lot of work to get a decent tone....KPA profiling is the future.

bd