Pickups

• Do you guys find the Kemper profile tones react much different from pickup to pickup? I know all amps do obviously but I find the Kemper much more sensitive. I will dial in a tone with a Dimarzio SD and then play that same tone with a stock G&L HB or an EMG and there is a huge difference then I ever got from a tube amp. Not saying its a bad thing but noticeable.

• I think they do to some extent. I found that with hotter pickups i had to adjust the clean Sens parameter in certain profiles or the volume on the guitar...i have also tried an eq before the Signal hits any pedals/amp..

• I think they makes a huge difference in terms of touch sensitivity and overtones and getting a better sound going in (which is generally going to give you a better sound coming out).

The older I get, the better I was.

• For me every amp ive played with has reacted with different pickups, I dont feel the Kemper is any different.

The beauty of the KPA though is you can flatten the changes somewhat all the parameters available to you.

Are you using the imprints with a Kabinet or Kone? I find the speakers imprints need tweaking more than the FR mode as these are quite sensitive to different pickups.

'You can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead' - Stan Laurel

• For me every amp ive played with has reacted with different pickups, I dont feel the Kemper is any different.

The beauty of the KPA though is you can flatten the changes somewhat all the parameters available to you.

Are you using the imprints with a Kabinet or Kone? I find the speakers imprints need tweaking more than the FR mode as these are quite sensitive to different pickups.

I use the power head with a real 2x12 cabinet. I shut off the CAB button on all Rigs.

• I agree that the KPA is sensitive to changes, which includes pickups, but I found the same thing with my ENGL - so no worse than my ENGL.

My conclusion is that it relates to good quality amps....they are better able to impart subtleties and variations better.

The good news is when you get it right, it sings more.

The downside is its less easy to hide duff technique...which is a problem for me :)