SURVEY: Guitar Modeling Technologies (KPA) in Modern Music Production

• Wow, great result and potentially what we all hoped for in terms of the incredible quality of the Kemper's sound. Cool thing :thumbup:8)

I'm just a bit worried that I am hearing the wrong things... that was my result and I have not much idea how I did it back then. It was really hard to distinguish I'd say :/

• Hi, RoyalAceSounds,

Thanks guys for all your participation, I now evaluated all my data and the result was surprising!

Average: only 1.88 out of 6 correct identifications of the KPA!

That really speaks in the favour of our beloved toaster and his profiling power:)

Please say more about how to interpret this

? Average: only 1.88 out of 6 correct identifications of the KPA!

Thanks,

ST

• ST when I evaluated all responses from the 131 participants and calculated an average, it was 1.88 out of 6

So we were wrong most of the time? How many of the 131 participants are Kemper owners?

Conclusion (possibly fallacious): The Kemper is so good, most of the time even Kemper owners couldn't tell the difference.

Food for thought: Kemper owners are people who may have based their purchase decision on their inability to distinguish the Kemper from amps and cabinets.

• The Kemper is so good, most of the time even Kemper owners couldn't tell the difference.

For sure. I posted my result above. Definitely not for competition reasons please. I don't think that I have any kind of ability to hear more details than others. Rather vice versa looking at my age and the times listening to loud music.

My point is that I choose the samples in the survey which sounded more pleasing to me. Just nicer to my ear. And 6 times this was the Kemper. So what does the Kemper add to an already great signal during the profiling process or afterwards through the controls? Potentially nothing. But to me it sounded nicer...

Reminds me a bit of the very entertaining guys from Anderton's in UK, Chappers and the Captain, who did a blind test some years ago. This one actually was an eye opener for me listening to the tones and their analysis.