how to use an external power amp with the Kemper stage properly?

• I got my Kab and Hotone Loudster yesterday! Super excited but wanted to run something by you guys to make sure it's me and not the "b-stock" Hotone.

When I have my Kemper at 50 percent volume or above I get, what sounds like, digital clipping. Hitting a clean sounds hard reveals it and when I use a slightly louder distortion it is a fuzzy mess.

It's independent of the power amp volume. I honestly didn't think you could clip a class d power amp like you can a recording interface pre?

Is this the way it is? Or did I get a dud power amp?

I'm using "guitar cables" from the monitor out to the Hotone, Hotone to kab as I'm not sure what a 1/4inch "speaker cable" is that Kemper mentions in the manual.

Thanks guys!

• Good to hear! How do you like the Loudster? Would it keep up with a loud drummer with the Kabinet?

I'm honestly impressed with it. I was worried myself that it might be loud, but not loud enough. I keep the Loudster maxed out (doesn't appear to be detrimental) and adjust the output on the stage between 60-80 percent and it's loud enough to keep up with our drummer. I miss the feel of the 4x12 Mesa I used to use, but the kab is incredible. Just need 3 more of them :)