Atomic Clr not so Atomic ....

• I've been using headphones out of the Kemper for 3 yrs with 2 Atomic Clr Monitors in storage.

Finally got them out and plugged it all in , and....drum roll........MEH - I miss the ooey gooey fidelity and subtleties of my Sony studio monitors Headphones.

The Atomics sound fine but have a paper cone effect on all the profiles - not all the time but less fidelity. Many profiles that were gorgeous are now just ok out the speakers.

Just wondering if thats just the way it is (amp like) or maybe audition some other PA speakers to get that "finished record" sound.

This will eventually be used for live band

TAK

Mark

• have you tried switching the backline switches? i remember when i had mine there was one setting i preferred as the other 2 had too much bass and punch for me,

i wouldnt say they lacked fidelity, if you mean clarity? They let a lof of information through

• Yes I have played with the backline switches, It's probably too Ref for me coming from the headphones - as I was used to the "stereo" quality - and yes clarity is what I'm looking for and better frequency response or "perceived frequency response. Also much of the reverb from the rigs that was magic in the headphones now is making things "busy" and confusing to hear...

• Sound in headphones will never give you the same experience as sound through speakers. Ever tried to mix a song exclusively on headphones, only to find it to be really unbalanced through speakers?

If you’re intending to use your Kemper live, I’d rather suggest dialling it in using your CLRs, as that will give you the most accurate representation of whatever comes out the PA and what the audience hears. Remember to turn them up to gig volume.