Creating Midi Automation on Kemper

• Hello, I am trying to create midi program changes on my kemper. The issue I am having is my daw is not reading my kemper which is logic pro x. Rig manager works just fine and i am connectec via usb to my computer, does it need a driver install or something? i do have kemper set to performance as well.

• i don’t personally use midi control from my DAW so am not the best person to answer specific questions. However, I believe the difference is hat the AxeFx has a built in audio and midi interface so no external interface is required at. Whereas, the KPA has no audio/midi interface built in so needs and interface at the computer end to send it midi data.

• I've had good experiences controlling it from Cubase, but I have MIDI out / in on my audio interface so I use traditional MIDI cabling to and from the Kemper. While I don't use Logic, I'm confident that it will work just as well. As Alan mentioned, your problem is trying to do MIDI via USB.

You don't mention if you have an audio interface. If you do, it's very common for them to have MIDI ports on the back. Should that be the case you can run a couple of MIDI cables and you're good to go.

If you don't have an audio interface (or it doesn't have MIDI), you can buy a dedicated USB MIDI interface. As an example, I saw this one on Amazon for $30. https://www.amazon.com/MIDI-2x2-USB-interface/dp/B01CHRS1RC .

Personally, I'd be inclined to spend a bit more to get at least a 2 channel audio interface, like a Steinberg UR-22 that also has MIDI, if I was going to spend money on hardware.

Either way, once you have physical MIDI ports talking to the Kemper is easy peasy.

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10