How to get best - most genuine profile sound - while recording?

• Hi!

I am a beginner when it comes to the Kemper Amp. I was wondering how I will get the best sound (if having a good profile adjusted already) while recording in my DAW? I am using a Scarlett focusrite 2i4 external sound card. I suppose I should plug into the two inputs on the front of the sound card, and using the left and right main outputs in the back of the Kemper? Is there any other settings I need to control/adjust in the Kemper's menu to the get best and most genuine profile sound in the recording in the DAW?

Thanks a lot in advance!

/Rickard

• Research about high and low pass filters for EQ to really bring out your tone and sound better in recordings. Also, look into the Stereo Widening effect in Kemper and place in the X module to broaden out your delay and verb.

The other 2 things that really helped shape my tone is to hit RIG softbutton and select DEL+REV Routing to -100 on page 1(really helps keep delay tails from being muddied when adding verb) adjust to your liking, and select Parallel Signal Path on Page 4 (can let you balance clean signal to distortion signal using modules A and B).

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Thank you! I will look into those hints!
    But I must ask, the Stereo Widening effect - you mean it is crucial that is put in the X module

place? That makes it right in order in the chain between reverb and delay then you mean?

/Rickard

• Thank you! I will look into those hints!
    But I must ask, the Stereo Widening effect - you mean it is crucial that is put in the X module

place? That makes it right in order in the chain between reverb and delay then you mean?

/Rickard

Yes, in X. You can also place the "Space" effect from the Reverb list in X too. It adds a very subtle stereo effect much less than the Stereo Widener.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.