New overdrives in OS 8.0.5, but i don't see them?

• Well, I thought that cleared it up but didn't. I don't see any drives in the Kemper screen after you select Kemper Drive. I just get ---Kemper Drive----- on the last option window like before even though RM updated my OS to 8.0.5 the other day.

I do see the new OD's in the 8.0.5 update zip file. Do I import them manually or something like that? Now, I'm confused. :/

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Well, I thought that cleared it up but didn't. I don't see any drives in the Kemper screen after you select Kemper Drive. I just get ---Kemper Drive----- on the last option window like before even though RM updated my OS to 8.0.5 the other day.

I do see the new OD's in the 8.0.5 update zip file. Do I import them manually or something like that? Now, I'm confused. :/

There are two ways to install the Overdrive Presets.

Please see my posts above.

OR

• Okay, I got the presets installed and showing correctly.

And I understand, that in RM, the actual name of the OD Preset under "Kemper Drive" will NOT show. The icon label remains Kemper Drive. It's only the control settings that change ie Drive, Tone Definition, Slim Down, etc.

Correct?

So, how would I select the specific OD preset in RM without having to select it with the Profiler first?

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().

• Okay, I got the presets installed and showing correctly.

And I understand, that in RM, the actual name of the OD Preset under "Kemper Drive" will NOT show. The icon label remains Kemper Drive. It's only the control settings that change ie Drive, Tone Definition, Slim Down, etc.

Correct?

Yes, correct.

• I also found out that If I import a bunch of rigs into RM, I have to close and restart RM for those presets to show up. We need a auto-refresh feature.

Thanks ST

• Hi. I was going to do this from RM but I can't get to Effects presets. This seems like rookie mistake. IN your pictures you're using the "Type column. I right clicked on the to add the "Type" column but there is no such thing. What am I missing? Yes, RM and my Profiler are using the latest updates. Thanks.

The Type column may be hidden.

Right-click any of the column heading and click on Type.

Does that help?

• Yes. It works. I was trying to view it from the wrong folder. It can only be viewed from the All Presets folder.

Another question. I'm not getting the benefit of these. They all sound weak. If I start from scratch on Kemper Drive, it's like it barely works. The controls work somewhat but it doesn't seem to do much. Does it have to operate in some mode? I usually just work from the Browser mode.

• Hi, Jerberge,

Yes. It works. I was trying to view it from the wrong folder. It can only be viewed from the All Presets folder.

Another question. I'm not getting the benefit of these. They all sound weak. If I start from scratch on Kemper Drive, it's like it barely works. The controls work somewhat but it doesn't seem to do much. Does it have to operate in some mode? I usually just work from the Browser mode.

What slot are you loading the Kemper Drive in? A, B, C, D?

How does it compare with the Green Scream?

• Hi Jerberge,

Have you tried with some different rigs?

I don't do much with full-on distortion so I'm not sure what else to suggest.

Let's hope other people have some ideas for you.

ST

• I suggest you try putting a Mouse OD in slot C and a Metal OD in slot D. If you find tone too dark or need a bit more then put a Booster ahead of them in slot B. All this works great for me.

• It certainly doesn't do what it shows in the video. At best I can get a crunch sound out of it. Nothing hi-gain. I'm just using a single coil Strat with Lace Sensors but it's plenty on other pedals and amp models.

it is intended as a traditional Over Drive pedal with Tube Screamer like characteristics. Those pedals generally only go as far as Crunch. They were also typically used with an amp that was alreadon the edge of breakup to push it over the edge. If you are using a clean profile you might find it doesn’t behave quite as expected.

As for hi gain tones most of those are actually hi gain profiles with the Drive in front as a tone shaper to shelve of low frequencies. The OD is typically set with very low grain and higher volume to push the amp rather than provide distortion from the pedal.

For a higher gain tone from the new Drives you would be better using the FullOD which modelled on the Fulltone OCD pedal.

• It certainly doesn't do what it shows in the video. At best I can get a crunch sound out of it. Nothing hi-gain. I'm just using a single coil Strat with Lace Sensors but it's plenty on other pedals and amp models.

If you're trying to get a high gain tone using the Kemper Drive, I'd recommend starting with a Profile that's in the "Crunch" territory at least (as Wheresthedug mentioned), and then use the Kemper Drive to boost the Profile into high gain. It works extremely well for high gain when used like that :) The Kemper Drive is more of a traditional Overdrive and doesn't act the same as a distortion pedal. So using the KD as your main source for the gain will only get you some of the way there if you're trying to get high gain tones.

The "Precision Drive" presets for the KD are a great starting point to boost an amp into high gain. All you really need to do is load up a Crunch or mid gain Profile, and using either the KD's "Horizon Attack 1", "Horizon Attack 2", or "Horizon Attack 3" preset-you use the KD's Volume to boost the Profile into full on saturation.

As Wheresthedug also mentioned, tone in the vid is probably created using a method very similar to the one we've recommended and most likely was made with Kemper Drive settings very similar to the Precision Drive presets to Boost the Profiles.

Hope this helps :)