Muffled and Dull sound - Or is it just me?

• Regarding the idea that the "Kemper would allow you to have a consistent sound between live and studio" I believe it's a myth. I asked about this several times in this forum and it just doesn't seem to be the way it works, even if it was one of the biggest selling points for me, too. You need to adjust your profiles to the FOH of each venue - and that's why it's good that you can tweak them so much.

There are no analog/digital peace of gear that would magically adapt to every situation its thrown in. You always have to adjust volume/eq/sometimes even more to get the best sound.

• SO!

I have played today with monitors turned up, and played with different cabs and found one cab that delivers the sound I was looking for! If anybody is interested, its the SinMix - Zilla SV 2X12. On the JCM800 and 69 Marshall it just makes them deliver the goods! It does feel like it adds a touch of gain, but that's fine with me. And probably down to a differently shaped high end.

Turning up louder helped alot aswel, it does have to be pretty loud, but that is where it sounds the best. To my ear, it is leaps and bounds better sounding, and clearer to me than before. (sorry neighbors)

I had an inkling it was something to do with the cab section, as when it's turned off, sonically the sound was in the speakers where I wanted it, although it sounded like I was being beckoned by some sort of demon with laryngitis!

But anywho! Thankyou so much for all the help!

• Glad to hear you got what you needed and are now happier with your tones.

I know we all have different ears and tastes (ideas of what makes a great tone) but I also wonder if there is a difference in the sounds you are getting from the profiles vs those on the YouTube demos and those that others are getting. Therefore, I had an idea. For a little fun I decided to record a short clip with each of the profiles you uploaded earlier in the thread. I have used a PRS Bridge Humbucker and the 4 rigs you used. They haven't been tweaked in any way and have nothing added or taken away in the DAW. They were bounced as MP3 to upload to Soundcloud so the quality won't be perfect but you should be able to compare them to MP 3 files you uploaded and decide whether the outcomes are close enough or not. If not then there may be something in your own system settings that contributes to the difference. Don't beat me up for the out of tune bend, I was tired ^^ Also the muddy sound on the low note alternate picking run on the J800 is almost certainly my shit muting rather than the profile itself.

Kir Ham

ACE 30

J800

69Marshall

• Dang Alan! I need to post some of my killer tones I've got from the Kemper. Especially the Mesa ones. 8)

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.