Amp/Rig/Cab Tagging vs. Search and Sort capabilities

• I posted this question in context of another thread (a feature request for "folders") but got no reply. So here it is more directly:

Re: tagging rigs, the KPA reference manual states:

You don’t have to fill in all of the tags, but the more you do, the easier it will be to find a specific rig later on.

...but it doesn't go on to say anything about how it will be easier. Am I missing something here? Is it possible to search or sort by amp model, cabinet, etc? I think this would be a good incentive for people to be more thorough, accurate and consistent in tagging their profiles.

As it stands, searching by profile name is very ineffective because there are so many takes on naming conventions: amp mfr, amp model, author initials, genre, original artist, and on and on.

• I have no answer, but I'm interested in the same thing. Maybe this is a feature that's yet to be implemented? Something for a PC/Mac editor that's in the works? (is one in the works?) Regardless, as it stands the navigation/search for rigs is very poor.

I guess at some point I'll probably settle down with a bunch of my favorites and that'll be that. I'm still plowing though the included rigs though... I think I'm in the "k's" :S

• The search function has boxes to check for what you're attempting to match in your search. These include: Rigs, Amp Profiles, Cabinets, and Authors.

Edit: This is on the Kemper site, NOT in the KPA.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• But it should be also on the KPA. I am really uncomplaining, but it is about time for a more comfortable way to manage the profiles on the KPA. It cannot be so difficult to solve this. If I could at least put them into folders or just mark them in order to blend them in and out. Whatever. I don't need an editor, but just more possibilities to arrange my profiles. :wacko:

• The search function has boxes to check for what you're attempting to match in your search. These include: Rigs, Amp Profiles, Cabinets, and Authors.

Edit: This is on the Kemper site, NOT in the KPA.

Ah, I see. Yes, this is probably what the manual was driving at. Still a little lacking, though. All that's really required is that the Search By Name, Author, Date... list be expanded to include some/all of the rig tags, and optionally some/all of the amp and cab tags. This would make tagging genuinely useful.

I'd also like to see the profile-level "Show Tags" soft button visible by default when navigating between profiles. As it is you have to drill down to get any details. Better still: if you could opt to display a given tag block vs. the author etc along with the profile name.