Behringer pa. anyone use them?

• I'm looking for a Cheap frfr monitor that will be clear and loud enough to sound good with my Kemper for band rehearsals and as a fold back monitor on stage. i cant afford anything fancy right now so things like QSC are out the question. Anyone here using a behringer euro live? if so what do you think of it? or are there other brands that are in the same price bracket as behringer that are better? Im looking at spending no more than £350 tops

• I'm using LD Systems Mon121a active FRFR wedge monitor:
    http://www.thomann.de/gb/ld_systems_mon_121a.htm

I have not compared FRFR monitors much, but this one sounds great for me and is loud enough. Feels very robust. I have used it in rehearsals with KPA, and will take it to the first gig in two weeks. I have used it live earlier with Axe-FX, it worked really good. And it's dirty cheap! Note that there's a volume knob but no EQ, though I'm not missing it. I'm sending other main out to PA and other to LD.

• Hello, let me preface by saying that I work for a pro audio distribution company that sells many brands, including Behringer, so I may be a little biased.

I find that Behringer gets a really bad rap. Their current product line is very good. In the early days of Behringer, they had reliability issues, and it that bad rap was well deserved. As of this year, Behringer now offers a 3 year warranty on their product, which is better than most manufacturers.

If money is a concern, I see nothing wrong with going with Behringer Eurolive monitors, they sound great. At our warehouse, I have Eurolive displayed next to JBL Eon's, PRX, QSC K's and KW's, Mackie SRM and Thumps, RCF ect... They stand up very well in their price range. Both in sound quality and value.

I have access to all the different brands because of my job, and I still use Behringer 8" Eurolive powered speakers for vocal monitors in my own band. We hate lugging gear, and they are tiny, and 200w. You can put them anywhere. Not a lot of bass, but we only run vocals through them.

On my KPA, I don't use FRFR. I could, but I prefer going KPA main outs to my ADA Microtube 200 and a 2 x12 cab wired in stereo, with the cabs locked OFF on the KPA.

• I would suggest trying a few of these in person. A friend of mine brought over the 10" Eurolive and it sounded pretty good with the KPA.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Another question is would i actually need a 12 inch speaker or could i get away with 10 inch if its just for guitar?

Personally, I think a 10" speaker is plenty for guitar. These things put out a lot of sound with plenty of bottom end. That said, I know a lot of guys aren't happy without a wall of Marshall cabs behind them 8o

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• I can recommend the Alto Speakers.
    I have 2 TS112 passive cabs (TS112A is active I think) and I think they sound great! Also had a RCF NX10SMA which was like 5-6 times pricier. Of course it sounded "better", but definately not THAT much. It broke after 1 month or so so I just use the Altos and am happy with that.

MJT Strats / PRS Guitars / Many DIY Guitars -- Kemper Profiler Rack / Kemper Remote / InEar