Saving performances in performance mode in Rig manager

• Is there a good tutorial for how to use Rig Manager for storing local performances? (Note: i looked through one of the tone Junkies videos but I'm still not getting it).

I am trying something new with my Kemper. I am in the process of changing out all the rigs that I use for gigging. Kind of building from scratch. When I set my current performances I did not use Rig manager. This was probably 2.5 years ago and I have no idea how i did it. So now I'm trying to use rig manager to do this. I will probably have 3 different performances that i use. I'm trying to create everything in my local library so I can save them...and then copy the performances to my profiler. Whats happening is this: lets say I'll change a setting on a rig in a slot in one of my performance. Lets say I changed something in Performance 1. When I save it I click on Store performance..it seems like its not saving the right one. My performance 2 (which may have the same rig but with a few different settings) seems to update. But its not all the time. ....just sometimes.

I'm a bit confused by the "duplicate/store performance in profiler X/store performance" saving features I guess. I feel dumb because this shouldn't be this hard. For the record...a lot of the slots for the 3 performances will have the same rig setups. I usually just change out a few that I'll need as I need to switch quickly.

Unsure WTF I'm doing wrong.... Thanks in advance.

• I had a real problem getting my head round similar strange behaviour. I even opened a support ticket and sent a video of the issues. Support found the problem - which was user error ?‍♂️

In my case here is what I was doing wrong;

I created a new performance and started editing.

Then saved it and got random nonsense.

It turns out I was missing one vital step.

I hadn’t double clicked the newly created performance to load it in the edit buffer. I had a assumed that the by creating a performance it would automatically also be loaded into an edit state but this needs to be done manually. You can tell if you are ready to edit as the screen on the KPA itself will show “LIB”. If it doesn’t show this you aren’t ready to edit and chaos will follow.

This is just what happened in my own personal case. You may already be doing this correctly and may have a different issue but I mention it just in case.

• I also had many problems. Storing in one slot, and finding that something got deleted under different name. Now i edit everything in the rig manager but i do the final store manually on the Kemper store button.

• Thank you. when I get home I'll give this a shot tonight and see. So if I'm working on an already created performance and just making some adjustments...when do you do the double click? At the end? At the beginning?

This does seem like a vital step that is very easy to miss. thank you thank you.

Also...do i just click on the "store performance" button? How is the "Store performance in profiler X" different?

• You double click right at the start.

The Store button stored in the curry selected location. Store in Profiler does as it sounds but in the last selected location on the profiler. So if you were last in Performance 2 and you hit store in profilers it will save in performance 2 rather than the next free location. Unfortunately it is a pig in a poke to try and select the profiler location after you start editing so make sure you have the slot you are going to want to store in (if you intend to save to the profiler) already selected before you start doing any editing. It is all very confusing and I still need to make a few mistakes every time before I finally manage to get it right ? it would be so much better and easier if you could edit then choose where to save to - eg.Store in Profiler : please select a performance number : thank you very much I would like you to store it in performance 3 : no problem that's it saved where you asked me to put it is there anything else I can help you with today ?

• You double click right at the start.

The Store button stored in the curry selected location. Store in Profiler does as it sounds but in the last selected location on the profiler. So if you were last in Performance 2 and you hit store in profilers it will save in performance 2 rather than the next free location. Unfortunately it is a pig in a poke to try and select the profiler location after you start editing so make sure you have the slot you are going to want to store in (if you intend to save to the profiler) already selected before you start doing any editing. It is all very confusing and I still need to make a few mistakes every time before I finally manage to get it right ? it would be so much better and easier if you could edit then choose where to save to - eg.Store in Profiler : please select a performance number : thank you very much I would like you to store it in performance 3 : no problem that's it saved where you asked me to put it is there anything else I can help you with today ?

Thank you. This is super helpful.