Too hot pickups?

• Quite new in the whole kemper experience.

My current guitar has a bareknuckle warpig in the bridge - which is a very hot pickup. I noticed the input light going orange/red quite quickly, but no real audible clipping.

now i am using the stl lasse lammert kemper pack and I notice that all the settings are really over gained, not like the example samples. I really have to dial back the gain settings to make it work better. I also use a choptones randall satan pack. Here I don’t really have to fiddle with the settings.

Is this the pickup being too hot for the profiles.

? Do I adres this issue with the distortion sense? Sadly no 2nd guitar atm to compare.

• You can balance the Kemper to your guitar easily by using Clean Sense and Distortion Sense in the Input Menu. If you use the same guitar or guitars with similar output pickups you can then lock the Input Menu so you don’t need to reset it for every ry rig.

First I would take a few clean rigs and a few dirty rigs and compare their relative loudness. If they are well balanced then leave Clean Sense alone. If all the clean sounds are too loud compared to dirty sounds then reduce Clean Sense until they are balanced. If Clean Souns are too quiet then increase Clean Sense.

Once you have this set focus on the Distortion Sense. If the rigs are too gained out across the board then reduce Distortion Sense until they sound good.