volume way too loud

• hey guys

so i just received my kemper, im still confused to how to setup it to my act monitors, but so far the volume is way too loud for bedroom use, i tried to lower the volume through master volume and rig volume but this distorted profile just gets clean. i would like to lower the overall volume of it, how can i do it or better yet, what should i set it up on "output"?

i have 2 ways i can do this:

connect act monitors to the monitor out and direct out (how would i set this on output?)

or

connect to my apollo solo through main output, and then through the interface to the monitors i could lower the volume (and regulate volume through the interface), what should be the setup for this on main output? master stereo?

if i connect the apollo to the kemper through main output, what cables should it be? can i use something like xlr on the apollo, and trs on the kemper? thank you

(and sorry for the noob questions...still learning)

• What model do you have? Stage/Head/Toaster.

Sounds as if the Master Volume isn't tied to the output you're currently using.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

• If the "distorted profile gets clean" when lowering "volume" my guess

is that you´re adjusting the "Gain" knob ..... :/

See page 102 - 103 in manual 7.5 for more output settings info

Cheers !

The adjective for metal is metallic. But not so for iron ... which is ironic.

Edited once, last by Hoki Toki ().

• If you haven't already, try using normal guitar cables and if your device has Line In inputs, use those instead of the mic inputs. Some units with multi-XLR/TRS inputs give a different input gain for each. The logic is that the XLR is usually a mic, so it gets more gain.

• I also wonder how Master Volume is linked on page 2 of the Output menu. Could be the output you're using isn't linked to Master Volume. If that's the case, nothing will happen.

“Without music, life would be a mistake.” - Friedrich Nietzsche