BOOST volume help

• I don't know how to turn down my patch so that when I hit the Lead Boost or Green Scream...etc the boost is loud enough.

I have my setting (which is probably setup wrong in too many ways) and when I hit a boost AND HAVE IT CRANKED...it doesn't give it much of a boost at all

I don't know how to bring the main volume down other than to lower the voluje on the rig or amplifer/head.......=O

• When you put boost before the Stack, it'll play with your gain, but there won't be a difference in volume.

Put a boost (like pure boost) behind the stack and you'll be able to play with the volume.

• If you want to bring the “main” volume down on a single rig use Rig Volume and Amp Volume. If you want to bring them all down use Master Volume.

However, it sounds like you are running the boost in front of the amp. If the amp is already distorted it acts as a natural compressor and limits the amount of volume increase. Instead the boost becomes more of a tone shaping device. This is also how a real pedal into a valve amp behaves. If the boost is after the Amp in FX slot X, mod, delay or rev it will have much less effect on the tonal characteristics but will provide a significant volume boost.

If you are using the boost to drive the amp and create a more distorted sound keep it in front of the amp and adjust the volume to get the level boost for solos. This could be done with the morph function if you want. For example, you could level the boot pedal active but with the level set to unity gain then when you hit the morph switch the boost level would increase to give you the tone you want and the rig volume would also increase to give you the level you want.

Edit - wiegersma beat me to it with a very short and clear description while I was still typing my long winded reply ?