Controlling the Rack KPA with iPad

• I just came across a Japanese guy on YouTube controlling his Kemper rack unit with his iPad via a Buffalo WLI-UTX-AG300

Search Kemper on YT then sort by upload date - it’s the 12th video down, posted 22 hours ago

Cheers

Marco

• Very cool! thanks for the tip!

that tip actually lead me to this video by a German YouTuber

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

He connected his KPA to his iPad via a TP-Link PoE switch so you can also hook up the remote as well, important for users of the remote of course.

• So has he connected wifi adapter/access point to his switch or is it cabled via an adapter to the iPad’s USB port?

Thanks

Yes, I think so long as the KPA is on the same local network as the iPad, then the iPad can connect to the KPA. So it's probably your first thought - switch is connected to a wireless router, hence the KPA is on the network, iPad is on the same network via wireless and remote will also connect to KPA on same network. This works well for home use, but wouldn't translate to live use unless you had the use of the wireless / wired network at the gig venue (unlikely)...

• Yes, I think so long as the KPA is on the same local network as the iPad, then the iPad can connect to the KPA. So it's probably your first thought - switch is connected to a wireless router, hence the KPA is on the network, iPad is on the same network via wireless and remote will also connect to KPA on same network. This works well for home use, but wouldn't translate to live use unless you had the use of the wireless / wired network at the gig venue (unlikely)...

Just bring your router with you, I have mounted mine in my rack. Note: my router for my Kemper does not connect to my home network and is used only for/with Kemper. So I can run independent from needing to join an outside network. Works great!

• It will if you use a PoE switch first into the back of the Kemper network port, as you’re just multiplying the available ports. The switch , being PoE, would power the router

You could use a TP-Link TL-SF1005P and a Vonets VAP1G-300 to keeps things small and neat. A guy on Youtube is using a Buffalo WLI-UTX-AG300, which is no bigger than a cigarette lighter

Edited 4 times, last by marco: Addition and spelling ().

• Hey.

but this won’t work with the WiFi router connected to the Kemper and a Kemper remote???

You need a PoE , I use a (tp-link TL-POE150s) this will power your Remote as it usually would get its power from the Kemper.

Plug the Kemper into the router channel and then plug the PoE into another channel in the router. Then plug the Remote into the PoE. The Kemper and Remote are now on the same network and work as always had.

It’s a very slick setup

• greets & rock on,

Andreas

• Sorry& again.

Hi Marco,

if using rack and remote live with an AP, the remote has to be connectet to port 2 of the tp- link , while the tablet gets wifi from the connected vonet- repeater?

rock on,

andy

greets & rock on,

Andreas