Voices. The evolution of a song I wrote to really test my skills.

• I was playing a bassline with my guitar yesterday using transpose and my wife said I had to pluck the strings with my fingertips like a real bassist instead of using a pick --so I have that critic to deal with.

Clearly you married the right girl! Far better than someone who couldn't give a rat's rear end about your music, or worse still was actively hostile to you spending time playing at all. I've experienced both. I'll take the critics any day.

We learn and learn and then just when we know everything we need to know we die. :D:pinch:

Then we're reincarnated and make our way back to being a 20 year old, at which point we once again know everything there is to know. :)

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• This is such a great forum of people. You guys got me excited to do a song with drum and bass tracks for a major weekend project! And who says working weekends suck?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• I spent a couple hours yesterday with SD3. I was able to pretty quickly go from a click track to a robust drum track in no time. It did not seem to be as intimidating as I thought. I worked on the drum track to a recent Metal song I wrote that did not have any tempo changes (at least not yet) to make it easier. Today, I plan to work on the drum fills and a nice outro for it.

I also learned how to randomize (I think it's called quantize) the drum track so it sounds more "human". Still more to learn, but the big takeaway is --- this is exactly what I needed to learn to move forward in my guitar adventure. I'm glad I did not wait longer. It became immediately obvious the value of doing this now.

I will be posting this piece pretty soon for you all to check out.

Thanks guys!

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

Edited once, last by BayouTexan ().