Connect iPad to Stage with Midi over Wifi

• I know that we can connect from iPad to Stage with Bluetooth dongles (Yamaha/quicco) or midi cable to control the Stage with Midi commands.

But wouldn't it be better to connect iPad to Stage directly with Wifi, and without extra hardware?

There is a protocol called Midi over Ethernet/Wifi (RTP). With this protocol we could have a network connection between iPad and Stage.

Bandhelper and Setlistmaker both support midi over Ethernet/Wifi and can send/receive Midi over network connection.

Kemper Team, please think about this feature, which minimizes hardware and simplifies the setup

• Hi, holz27.

See: OS 8.5.2 Public Beta

Get it here: https://www.kemper-amps.com/do…ting-System-Beta-Versions

Download the Beta and read the included file "KEMPER PROFILER Addendum 8.5" to get all the details about how you can connect your iPad directly to the Stage. No extra hardware required.

snip

But wouldn't it be better to connect iPad to Stage directly with Wifi, and without extra hardware?

snip

• Sorry, there seems to exist some misunderstandings.

I don't want to control the Stage with the official Kemper app on Ipad, but i want to control the Stage by other apps like bandhelper. These apps can send Midi over Wifi. My application is to change between perfomances when selecting new song in bandhelper by sending some Midi PCs or CCs.

yes the Stage can communicate over WiFi but it does not support MIDI over WiFi from what have experienced. The App is limited but works for quick onstage editing when I'm gigging out.

I asked for Midi over Wifi in another thread and got this answer from Kemper

So it's clear that actually it's not supported, but i hope that there are more guitar players like me in amateur bands trying to minimize setup and equipment and supporting this feature request.