Fleetwood Mac | Landslide (Vocal/Guitar Cover)

• Hey Kemper Family,

Just wrapped up my first recording project with the new Fender Acoustasonic, we did Landslide from Fleetwood Mac. For you kemper owners doing acoustic recordings, whats your approach? I found that if I blend/pan the wet/DI tracks with a mic'd track on one single performance it sounds pretty rich and full. :thumbup:

Thanks for watching! :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Very nice vocals and playing! However, I found the Acoustasonic a thin sounding guitar no matter how you record it. Have you tried to record this track with a regular full-body acoustic and did an A/B comparison against the Fender?

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Very nice vocals and playing! However, I found the Acoustasonic a thin sounding guitar no matter how you record it. Have you tried to record this track with a regular full-body acoustic and did an A/B comparison against the Fender?

Thanks BayouTexan! I have done other acoustic recordings with a regular full-body acoustic and I agree that the tone is slightly "fuller". I wasn't sure if maybe this could be compensated for with EQ? I like the versatility of the Acoustasonic but might end up with another acoustic guitar at some point.

• Have you tried the Acoustic Simulator effect stomp in the Kemper with the Acoustasonic? I'm curious if it would give body and richness to that Fender type.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Great video, Kevin. You guys work well together and it was an enjoyable version of a song I've loved for years.

I wasn't familiar with the Acoustasonic but thought it sounded very convincing. In the studio I just mike acoustic guitars, but that looks like a great solution for gigs where actual acoustics are problematic (feedback potential, miking, etc.).

Kemper remote -> Powered toaster -> Yamaha DXR-10

• Have you tried the Acoustic Simulator effect stomp in the Kemper with the Acoustasonic? I'm curious if it would give body and richness to that Fender type.

I have not tried the acoustic simulator effect but this is intriguing! Next acoustic cover I do, I'll tinker with this and see.

Great video, Kevin. You guys work well together and it was an enjoyable version of a song I've loved for years.

I wasn't familiar with the Acoustasonic but thought it sounded very convincing. In the studio I just mike acoustic guitars, but that looks like a great solution for gigs where actual acoustics are problematic (feedback potential, miking, etc.).

Thanks Chris! Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, future ease of gigging was my main motive in getting the Acoustasonic!

Hi Kevin,

well done! :thumbup:

Thanks Hafi!