The Kemper Foot Controller: Evolution

• But if the Wah Pedal Booster 'highjacks' the Wah pedal function (looks like it does) then even using a pedal plugged directly into the Kemper and assigned to pitch.....with the pitch pedal to wah....should only activate the volume as the wah pedal booster has been assigned to volume - my head hurts!!

That exact thing happened to my head too. Won't know for sure until someone tests it.. or until Mothership chimes in.

In general though, with that many external pedal connections available (2 in the Kemper, 4 in the Remote), I would expect new options to be made available in a firmware update soon.

• The thing is you can't please everyone. Whatever you design and how you design it people will always want more. You have to try and do your best for the product and the company. No doubt this is what the Kemper team have done. They even put views across and asked us questions regarding the design and features. This I think is great I don't see many other companies doing that. im sure whenever the remote is released it will be just as good as the KPA remember they have spent a lot of time on this 2 and a bit years so my feeling is it's going to be good :)

• I hope that you can change the color of the screen with a switch.... :D

So, you must pay for a new footcontroler(who work with kemper only), take one or two "volume pedals", spend your time to take all this things with their cables to make the same than the chiepest footcontroler (berhinger)...

Revolution!
    Seriously....

Wow, with this, you can control stomp... Ok, but you can use a rig with no stomp and next, a rig with stomp...(the kemper has more memories than we need...)

This footcontroler is good for a "newbie" with the kemper but we can all make what it do with our old gear...

Sorry for my english

• Then by all means, enjoy your old gear, but don't slag a product you haven't used, much less even seen, just because you don't think it will work for you.

• <p>Going off the spoiler info, I think the key selling point of the Kemper Remote over the other pedals is that you can set it up from the Kemper through the interface without worrying about MIDI commands. I want to play guitar, not be a MIDI programmer. I haven't ever used a FCB, but I've never been impressed with Behringer gear. Cheap price and cheaply made. You get what you pay for...</p>

<p>And I think the only features that the other pedals may have over the Kemper are integrated expression pedal(s) - which is a negative for some, ability to control other MIDI devices - a non-need for some, and price. I bought a Kemper because I'm tired of buying cheap gear that is worthless in a few years.</p>

<p>I like the idea of setting up the stomps to toggle multiple effects, and that the lights are going to show me what all are mapped to each stomp. I like that I can control a looper from the pedal. I like that it runs off a single ethernet cable. I like that the display shows me the pedal chain, and again, shows me which stomp each effect is mapped to. I like that I can have 6 additional stomps or expression pedals. I like having a tap tempo switch. Other than tap tempo, I don't think the FCB can do any of that.</p>

<p>I think my only complaint is that I want the stomps on the bottom row and the rigs in the middle. I haven't seen anything conclusive on that layout yet, so I have my fingers crossed in the meantime.</p>

• I think my only complaint is that I want the stomps on the bottom row and the rigs in the middle. I haven't seen anything conclusive on that layout yet, so I have my fingers crossed in the meantime.</p>

All the information to date has shown the Rigs in the bottom row. I would be very surprised if they are not in the bottom row when it is released.

• Guys worried about the wah hijacking the volume pedal -> you can disable wah>volume and wah>pitch. This should theoretically enable you to use all three functions through three different pedals, because I'm assuming that the Remote will allow you to map any CC# and possibly a lot of NRPN numbers to each individual expression pedal. Hopefully, we will be able to control different control sections within individual effects, for example the steps being used in the harmoniser, using an expression pedal. I know this is definitely in there, that was the whole purpose of having NRPN to expand midi capabilities of the floorboard.

As far as two volumes, pre-amp and post-amp, by my reckoning, this will not be possible without some changes to the present design. But I feel that with the ability to have so many expression pedals, it would make a lot of sense to have this for the guys that don't use the volume knobs on their guitar. Isn't essential, but I feel it would be a good option to have vis-a-vis the one volume pre- or post-amp approach.

• Effect buttons I-IIII
    These four buttons can be freely assigned to switch stomps and effects on/off. They can also be used to toggle
    features in certain effects. Their respective assignments are stored per Rig. Each button can be assigned to sev-
    eral stomps and effects, if you wish.

Does anyone know if this functionality works with third-party midi controllers? If the firmware support midi commands for these effect buttons it should be possible...

• Does anyone know if this functionality works with third-party midi controllers? If the firmware support midi commands for these effect buttons it should be possible...

Yes. I'm using HD500 which you can assing any of its 10 switches to send desired CC toggle command for effect stomp on/off switching. Or regular CC command for example for rotary speaker slow/fast or tap tempo etc.

• Yes. I'm using HD500 which you can assing any of its 10 switches to send desired CC toggle command for effect stomp on/off switching. Or regular CC command for example for rotary speaker slow/fast or tap tempo etc.

I think what he meant was, if the FX/stomp buttons on the KFC can be programmed to send specific midi data, so that other gear in your rig can be controlled. Which is a good question, since many people use their KPA in a setup and not as a standalone solution.