[Soundside] Christmas Sale - Ended - Thank You!

• The profiles of this amp a great! Really well done. Wide variety of tone and gain. I don't know about anybody else, but I know I am not likely to ever get my hands on a real '59 Plexi, so to get these profiles is sweet! The nice part about the Kemper profiles is that I don't have to worry about making my ears bleed to get the amp's full power tone. Even better, with the Kemper's gain control, I can actually saturate the amp beyond what the original could do. And it still sounds great with more gain!

If you dig the tone of a '59 Plexi, you really need to check this profile pack out.

• I really like the Armin's Plexi packs. I bought both of them and made a demo clip with the Greenback one when he offered 2 free profile packs for anyone making a clip he could use for a pack. I spent all this evening having a great time with the Bogner Goldfinger pack - one of the packs I received for one of the demo clips I did. It's great - one of the most versatile set of profiles that I've ever heard! It has some of the sweetest cleans as well as plenty of gain for anything that I play. Here are a couple of quick clips I did tonight.

https://soundcloud.com/ba_hill…mper-profiling-amp-tracks

https://soundcloud.com/ba_hill…mper-profiling-amp-tracks

Brian

• Yes, check out our homepage for a lot of new clips created by our customers - they are marked 'User'.

Enjoy!

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

Great Profiles --> soundside.de

• Armin, may I suggest some just very simple single sm57 powerball 2 profiles that are micd EXTREMELY well and with care. Most of the guys that use that amp are in the metal genre of things, where a single 57 or maybe something like a 57/421 combo rules the Roast for recorded guitar tones....

• New bundle 7 is out!

More information soon ...

Wow , That Fuchs profile looks very interesting !!I would love when you post new profiles in the forum, for you to share the info on channels profiled, settings , mics used , etc. . And ofc a Photo of the new "beast" :D .

The fuchs turned me curious , and i was already curious about more info on the Egnater and The Marshall Acoustic Amp Soloist. I think i have seen already you sharing the straight info that you usually put in the rigs pdfs, that would put to the potencial future customer a more complete picture of the profile .

Thanks , Keep them coming, your profiles Rock :
    :thumbup:

• Here is something about the Fuchs.

[Blocked Image: http://www.soundside.de/shop/images/FBJ1-big.jpg]

Searching for a D-Style amp since I could not find (and afford) a good Dumble amp....

... I found my dream D-Style amp in the Fuchs Back Jack - in the shop I played the amp via a Bogner 4x12" V30 speaker - and liked the sound very much.
    At home I found that my Elmwood 4x12 V30 speaker has about the same sound.

Both the (Fender-Like) clean and the overdrive sounds are great.

In addition to the usual bass/mid/treble controls has this amp a unique tone control in the overdrive section.
    The sound of the overdrive can be changed a lot (from dark D-Style to brighter D-Style - to some kind of D-Style/Marshall mix sound as used by Joe B. without the need for multi amp setups).

For the overdrive sounds I use the tone stack sweet spot (Bass =12:00, Middle=14:00, Treble =13:00) - if adjustments are needed use the KPA tone stack.

Beside 5 precessed profiles are 23 raw profiles in the pack:

Naming convention:
    -------------------

FBJ 2 09 121413 10

FBJ = FUCHS Black Jack 21 Mark II

2 = Channel
    1 = Clean channel
    2 = Overdrive channel
    3 = Overdrive channel with boost activated

09 = Gain setting (clock values) (overdrive channel only)

121413 = Tonestack settings (Bass-Middle-Treble)
    here: Bass =12, Middle=14, Treble =13

10 = Tone setting in the overdrive section (overdrive channel only)

Raw Profiles:
    --------------

FBJ 1 121212
    FBJ 1 121215
    FBJ 1 121413
    FBJ 1 151215

FBJ 2 09 121413 09
    FBJ 2 09 121413 10
    FBJ 2 09 121413 12
    FBJ 2 09 121413 15
    FBJ 2 11 121413 09
    FBJ 2 11 121413 10
    FBJ 2 11 121413 12
    FBJ 2 11 121413 15
    FBJ 2 13 121413 09
    FBJ 2 13 121413 10
    FBJ 2 13 121413 12
    FBJ 2 13 121413 15
    FBJ 2 15 121413 09
    FBJ 2 15 121413 10
    FBJ 2 15 121413 12
    FBJ 2 15 121413 15

FBJ 3 15 121413 09
    FBJ 3 15 121413 10
    FBJ 3 15 121413 12

(All trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with soundside.de)

• I found my dream D-Style amp in the Fuchs Back Jack - in the shop I played the amp via a Bogner 4x12" V30 speaker - and liked the sound very much.

Try it with a Electrovoice EVM 12L or a Celestion G12-65. Everybody recommends them for Fuchs D-style amps. I'm using an Electrovoice with my ODS and tried it with a G12-65. Both are awesome depending on what you are looking for (Carlton, Ford, ...).

• Try it with a Electrovoice EVM 12L or a Celestion G12-65. Everybody recommends them for Fuchs D-style amps. I'm using an Electrovoice with my ODS and tried it with a G12-65. Both are awesome depending on what you are looking for (Carlton, Ford, ...).

I'm also owning several Boogie cabs with EVM 12Ls and the difference between old Electrovoice-speakers and new ones is extreme. The very old speaker from my Boogie MKII (one of the first ones made) sounds awesome, no comparison to the kind of sterile new ones.

Every speaker is different, unfortunately there is no simple rule like "this speaker is good for that and this one is good for that" ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    first name: Guenter / family name: Haas / www.guenterhaas.de

• Yes, the worst thing is to get an amp and new speaker from a shop - and then profile both - or even to profile them in the shop.

As Guenter do I prefer speakers which are 'broken in' and are used many many hours.

And the speaker is only one part - the mic and mic placement is the other one.

When I play the Fuchs in my studio I use only 2 of the 4 speakers from my cabinet - for whatever reason do I prefer it this way

Yes, you are right, many D-Style players prefer EVM speakers - but don't worry - I own the Fuchs amp - and may do some more profiles with an EVM12L cabinet later for you.