First Kemper recording

• We decided to go with the Kemper on our upcoming EP instead of the
    Axe-FX II. Got our first track done on Sunday, so I thought I'd throw
    it up. There's absolutely nothing done to the guitars or bass yet other
    than minor level adjustments. I'm really thrilled with how the Kemper
    feels and sounds. We still need to add in a few solos, but we're going to come back to those once our other songs are tracked.

http://soundcloud.com/larrikin666/seven-string-unmixed

Victims of Contagion

• Are you guys finding that, you just use the profile as is, or are you guys having to adjust the bass middle trebl presence etc often and alot to your liking? Just curious as to how this is working for everyone. Sounds insane man, really good. I thought merrows 5150 profile was kind of bright, atleast it was with my set up (vht ultralead and deliverance 4x12, going FRFR actually though, on the way, thats why I ask.

• I typically adjust very little on a profile...especially gain. Adding or subtracting gain seems to make the profile lose a lot of amp characteristics. There are certain aspects of the gain structure in a 5150 that the Kemper can't mimic when you roll the gain back. I get that vibe with the EQ knobs as well....not quite to that extent though.

I definitely don't find it overly bright. I actually added a bit of treble and presence to the profile. I'm using a Bernie Rico Junior Hesperian 727 with a Bareknuckle Painkiller in the bridge...not a terribly bright setup.

Victims of Contagion

• I compeltely agree with you as well. In my opinion, take for example the marshall JMP model (theres a few, I forget which one) increasingly the gain up considerably really subtracts the "reality" of the amp, and makes it way too modern, and just not at all what the amp sounded like, or was capable of sounding like. Cool, maybe, but not what i want, so I understand what you are getting at. What cab are you using with merrows 5150? I believe it comes with that randall ISO cab correct?

• Haha. It can definitely be exhausting. Wait til I post the next 4 songs. The 1st was the least ridiculous in that regard.

Victims of Contagion

• Absolutely! LOL. The other guitarist, drummer, and I all took a trip out to New York to see the Death to All tribute show a few weeks ago. Amazing.

Victims of Contagion

• thats very cool! saw some footage from San Francisco on YouTube. Chuck had a lot of influence on me too (did altering the future/misanthrope/symbolic cover on tube), as on thousands of guitar players worldwide.
    the 5150 profile is also one of my faves. good luck with your EP!

• The death show was KILLER. Saw it here in chucks backyard here in Orlando, FL where I am from. I actually took lessons from chuck way back in the day, mid 90's or so :) Absolutely amazing show, probably the best show I've ever seen.

• The death show was KILLER. Saw it here in chucks backyard here in Orlando, FL where I am from. I actually took lessons from chuck way back in the day, mid 90's or so :) Absolutely amazing show, probably the best show I've ever seen.

Agreed! Gorguts blew me away as well. I was bummed out that Steffen from Obscura couldn't make it into the country to do vocals.

Victims of Contagion

• Absolutely! LOL. The other guitarist, drummer, and I all took a trip out to New York to see the Death to All tribute show a few weeks ago. Amazing.

Oh, how i envy you ... I wish the show would come to germany... I had the pleasure to see Chuck at the Human Tour in 92. Awesome !!!