Delay - Ratio Parameter with Tempo Sync

• Hi !

I have a question about the delay (in the specific the Legacy delay).

I have noticed that the "ratio 2" parameter works only when the Tempo Sync is off.

Is there a delay type with the possibility to set the ratio 2 while tempo sync is on?

I neet to use a stereo delay with the left (o right) delay set to 95% and use the tap tempo!

Is there this possibility?

Thanks

• I haven’t checked and am not near my KPA just now but I suspect not. Ratio doesn’t really make logical sense in a tap tempo situation (at least to Kemper’s logic). The assumption would be that if you are using tempo sync you are looking for a musical relationship (1/4, 1/8, dotted 1/8th etc) therefore you would also want the second delay to have an exact musical relationship in terms of note duration rather than trying to approximate a note relationship from a percentage figure.

• he assumption would be that if you are using tempo sync you are looking for a musical relationship (1/4, 1/8, dotted 1/8th etc) therefore you would also want the second delay to have an exact musical relationship in terms of note duration rather than trying to approximate a note relationship from a percentage figure.

OK... but I'm not agree with that.

What I would like to do is for example: left delay 1/4 sync with tempo , and right delay set to ratio 95%. With this I create a stereo wide delay. I make this with helix, headrush, fractal, etc...

Dual Delay of Kemper hallows me to set the sync time (1/4, 1/8, ecc...) for each delay (L and R) individually... but it is not the same thing....
    I will check again

• if it is just to create a widening effect surely it doesn’t need to be exactly 95% just approximately that value. 15/16 notes would be 93.75% which is close enough to 95% for a general widening. Alternatively, 31/32 would be 96.85%. Not sure if the KPA goes up to 64th notes but 61/64 would 95.%.

Most people would tend to want the delay to remain constant for a widening effect (ie not be tempo dependent). For widening you might be better using one of the widener effects in conjunction with a regular delay.

• Ce fameux kemper offre t 'il la possibilité de telecharger des sons The Shadows ? Le Boss ME 80 le fait j'avoue que c'est assez ressemblant, mais je serais curieux de savoir si le Kemper le fait et surtout mieux ??

• Ce fameux kemper offre t 'il la possibilité de telecharger des sons The Shadows ? Le Boss ME 80 le fait j'avoue que c'est assez ressemblant, mais je serais curieux de savoir si le Kemper le fait et surtout mieux ??

Oui/Yes!

The signature delay patterns of Hank Marvin and The Shadows

Here are the Rigs from Rig Exchange:

https://www.kemper-amps.com/wb…achment/7361-archive-zip/

• if it is just to create a widening effect surely it doesn’t need to be exactly 95% just approximately that value. 15/16 notes would be 93.75% which is close enough to 95% for a general widening. Alternatively, 31/32 would be 96.85%. Not sure if the KPA goes up to 64th notes but 61/64 would 95.%.

Most people would tend to want the delay to remain constant for a widening effect (ie not be tempo dependent). For widening you might be better using one of the widener effects in conjunction with a regular delay.

Hi...
    So... last Friday I tried it... but doesn't work properly....
    61/64 and 31/32 doesn't exist.

15/16 make one "tap" every 15 beat on 16... in practice 15/16 means 6,25% and NOT 93,75%....

so the second delay is too long.

Only solution, I think, is asking to kemper to add "ratio2" parameter also for synth tempo delay...

• Hi...
    So... last Friday I tried it... but doesn't work properly....
    61/64 and 31/32 doesn't exist.

15/16 make one "tap" every 15 beat on 16... in practice 15/16 means 6,25% and NOT 93,75%....

so the second delay is too long.

Only solution, I think, is asking to kemper to add "ratio2" parameter also for synth tempo delay...

OK so n that case if 15/16 is 6.25% then you want the inverse i.e. 1/16 or faster. Not at the KPA just now but pretty sure that you can get shorter than 1/16th so you should be fine.

You can ask for ratio to be added but I would bet the house on it that they won’t do it as it makes no logical sense in their minds.