Rig Pack 02

• I love the Selmer Zodiac profiles. Somebody at Kemper seems to have heard the legend about Paul Kossoff using a Selmer for "Allright Now" since there are two profiles bearing the name "Paul K."

I believe it's the wrong amp though, it is said it was a Selmer "Treble and Bass 50". The Zodiac however sounds great and has a very unique attack to it that indeed resembles the sound of that song and the solo.

The S. Mehl modified blackface Bassman is also fantastic.

• I have many of the "clean" profiles clipping like hell with my Les Paul (with vintage style humbuckers). Other than the bassman and the Selmer I'm not really overwhelmed that much.

• I wanted to explain what my profiles are all about:
    Bill

1. Surf's Up
    This is in response to people asking for a surf sound.
    Its a GREAT emulation of a "spring reverb" and when the gain is cranked it becomes total punk surf guitar!
    (If you get any clipping due a stronger pickup output just reduce the
    volume control on the right till the master led is in the green and save)

2.Smashing Fuzz
    This is a PERFECT profile of a fuzz like that used by Billy Corgan of the "Smashing Pumpkins".

3. Germanium Fuzz
    This is a profile of a contemporary big selling germanium fuzz pedal.
    Its sound is pure germanium!

4. Studio 15 4/12
    This is a profile of an late 1980,s British amp I used on hundreds of sessions.
    Its a small combo that uses 6V6 output tubes.
    For this profile it is run through with a 4/12 cabinet.

5. Drive-Thru Speaker
    Have you ever wondered what it would sound like if you could plug your
    guitar into the drive-thru speaker system at your local fast food
    hamburger restaurant?
    Tthis is it!
    Its a great for break downs in songs that totally Low-fi's your guitar sound.

Kay Model 703 1962:
    This is a profile I made of a vintage amp I used when I recorded
    with the late virtuoso blues harp player Jr. Wells.
    It has a perfect dirty Chicago blues sound that the Kemper profiled exact!

Marshall Studio 15:
    This is an small combo amp I used on hundreds of sessions.
    It uses 6V6 output tubes and dc voltage on the tube filaments to keep ac hum at a minimum.

Fender Rhodes Piano and the Zeppelin Rhodes 2:
    These are profiles I created to emulate the sound of an electric piano using just a electric guitar.

Kemper Banjo:
    This profile will transform your electric guitar into the sound of banjo!
    Its great for single lines as well as finger picked chords.

• Does your Fuzz clean up like a real Germanium Fuzz?

• Just arrived home and plugged my strat, having a blast with Charlie'B Teacher! Pure 70s and Quincy Jones. As a start is not bad! Have to try the others.... :P

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• I really dig the new pack -

I've been wanting some more vintage and vibey tones, and I really dig the 9volt amp a lot.
    Also, I think the bassman profiles - the crunch in particular - sounds really great!

If only I could sort by amp type now... :) :P

• Funny, the 9V and the Bass are the first ones that I deleted....to each his one, that's why I never care about the star ratings. :thumbup:

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Hey Bill. Thanks for the profiles. I have been playing the Studio 15 4/12 for about an hour. I changed alot on it. It can get a great range of dynamics & blues sounds all the way to beautiful cleans all with my strat vol, tone & pickup selector switches.

I like the Kay Model 703 1962 & Fender Rhodes Piano also, but I've gotta get some sleep:)

• Bill, any tips on profiling with a fuzz pedal? I have an Eric Johnson signature fuzz I want to profile into one of my vintage marshalls, but I can't get it to work correctly with the output from the kemper. Even tried a box that converts the impedance and that didn't help either. Any ideas? Thanks!

Pete

Well the gain is up mighty high, but yes the germanium fuzz cleans up when the gain is lower.

• Bill, any tips on profiling with a fuzz pedal? I have an Eric Johnson signature fuzz I want to profile into one of my vintage marshalls, but I can't get it to work correctly with the output from the kemper. Even tried a box that converts the impedance and that didn't help either. Any ideas? Thanks!

Pete

Run it in conjunction with something else, i.e a OD with zero gain, at refine turn the OD off.