DI vs Merged difference

• I use a powered Kemper head with a real cabinet only. I have the Kemper DI box and have been capturing some DIs and there is a big difference in compared to Studio when using a real cab, I like the DI much better, sounds more amp like when using a real cab. I have also been experimenting with Merged profiles, I will capture a Studio and then a DI with the same amp settings and then use the Merge feature on the Kemper using both of those Studio and DI profiles, but I dont hear much (or any) difference from the DI and Merged profiles. Should I be?...or is that Merge feature just a way to add a "cabinet" into that DI profile IF I even wanted to go FRFR or FOH with that DI profile?

• When you use the merge function you are basically extracting the speaker from the Studio Profile by comparing the Studio with the DI. This then gives you the authentic DI plus the authentic speaker. This allows you to get the authentic Studio profile when the Cab section is active and the authentic DI profile when the cab is bypassed. Without Merging the

Kemper can only estimate which part of the studio profile is amp and which is speaker .

• In other words...

Studio PROFILE and Merged PROFILE based on the same reference amp/cabinet/microphone setup sound identical with cab simulation switched on. If you deactivate the cabinet simulation either overall (CAB module) or selectively (Monitor Cab. Off), the Merged PROFILE plays the Direct PROFILE which is authentic. With a Studio PROFILE the sound without cab is an approximation.

Sometimes people like the approximation better than the authentic sound.

• Big difference from the DI and the Studio. From what I am hearing the DI into a real cabinet is much more accurate and emulates the amp more so then the Studio into a real cabinet.