Running 2 KPA's

• Morning!

Ok ive decided to fully go digital for my world tour next year, so ive got a long way before im ready, but since the Kemper showed up in my life its naturally amazing at what it does. - on stage though I run duel amps (Toneking & Tworock) aswell as my D/13/Matchless for a few different songs.

If I just run the Kemper, I get a great sound, but im used to having amps left and right, and this I cant get with just one unit. - so, Im thinking to get a 2nd KPA so I can do this more naturally, only problem I have is the connectivity with foot controllers. - as I'd ideally like to run 2 different profiles on the KPA.. I.e My toneking profile paired with the tworock as I would normally.

IS there a way to cater for this in terms of footcontrolers? - controlling just one is a tap dance at times, but two? - Midi thru? - anyone care to chime in for a bit of help?

• KPA1 midi thru >>> KPA2 midi in
    All you need to do is give the same patch number to the amps that must run together. Stomp and FX switching is going also to be in parallel, so be carefull.

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Really no big deal ..you could even control the effects independently but you need a fairly advanced midi controller...set the units on two different midi channels..one thing that might be a problem is if you want to control main volume of both at the same time

• Its a Roland FC300
    (Apparently it can do 6) ? - im not all tech savvy with Midi.. so used to a real pedalboard.. so Ive still some research to do, so excuse me if that sounds a bit wrong :)

I had a 300 couple months ago but only because I got it in part gear swap... this is a very complicated unit that doesn't go to the point IMHO
    There are much better (read more friendly and still very advanced) units out there :)

• shouldn't be too much of an issue, programming can be a tad tricky, but any decent MIDI switcher should do the job for you!

OR.. you can wait until Mr Kemper does the 'blend' profile option (if this is possible...)

I'm a Gordius guy - so I'll recommend the Little Giant 2 - desktop software makes it really easy to work any workflows around.

I'm sure that other midi controllers such as the Liquid Foot or even the GCP could do the job.
    :D

• well im a simple guy when it comes to my tone.
    I dont do vast effects, if I do Its very rare

I have a few profiles that I like to use, one for left other for right. - Ideally i'd like to be able to boost them, and add delay to both sides for a lead tone on the fly.

So the question is, can the Roland FC300 do this with 2 KPA's

I just dont want to start programming things if things wont work.. - so need to know a bit of heads up first.
    Ideally, I'd prefer CK's floorunit, but there is no ETA on this, and I need things to work, so I can do live rehearsals and get used to the rig so its all ready.
    as I need the confidence going into this.

And you guys seem to know the tech side of MIDI things all too well :)

• Andy

Even if the FC300 can do it I'd swap it for something else..believe me you don't want to start programming this thing ..it was meant for the VG99 user..it is extremely complex

• Andy, if your going on a world tour you need something that's very reliable. I recommend the FAMC line of midi controllers. http://www.famcmusic.com/ I've got the LF+ JR+ and the LF Pro, both work flawless and have given me zero problems! IMO for form and function the JR+ is the best midi controller on the market. The LF's will handle any midi You can throw at it. It has a great editor too!

• Thanks Leroy. my guitar tech already told me about that too this morning.
    Im all in a muddle really. lots of choices..

Spoke to pete cornish today too, he built a rig for me many moons ago. so might get one custom (not just midi) but everything.

For me , and I know it sounds silly, the Roland was expensive, got it the same day as the Kemper (not used it yet though) and because the wah/volume pedal is part of the same unit, it just has that appeal.
    The others that folk have suggested (including Kempers own) - will need to carry extra goods.. and the point of this is NOT to do exactly that! :)

To be frank it all just scares me a bit.. and already getting cold feet. If I wanted my OD i'd stomp it, then delay, or chorus.. but now I'll need rigs to change, stomps to edit in place.. remember what button is what.. lol... meh!.. luckily I have plenty of time to prepare.

I want to see it through first. because really the Kemper is that good, and I want to be prooven wrong before I admit defeat! (that wont happen I hope not)...

EDIT: Just want to clear something up, a world tour does not mean im a bigName.. because we are not.(plus I suck at guitar) .we are supporting several bands that will be announced later this year. - YES we are the guys that get the stuff thrown at us a lot. :)

• If you look at your FC300 you will see that it is a very complicated unit with VERY few buttons..I have used most high end midi units available and programmed those for rigs I was building for others..I'd take any other over this one honestly..MFC101,All access/Midi raider/FX1,SC1,LF's etc... I think there's an FX1 used for sale in UK... number one on my list