Lock volume pedal!

• Dear diary,

I found out that always when I tweak the settings of a rig after a while the level was significantly lower than that of the original rig. I searched all the possible gain stages (don't forget the volume setting at the end of the cabinet menue) and still the original rig was always louder. Louder and cleaner. Now it turned out the culprit was the volume pedal. I use a volume pedal in EXP2 set as global volume pedal after the effects. But in the rig menue there is a tic where you can choose "lock volume pedal" - which I did not. So in the original rig this value was set to "after stomps". Now with the volume pedal locked both volumes are equal. Maybe this can save some debugging time to other fellow Kemperers...

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

• Now it becomes a wiki thread, but have you understood the story?
    I have not.
    Why would the pedal influence the volume in that way?
    If the volume pedal is all the way up (and Volume Pedal Range on a regular negative value), it will not have an impact to the sound, on any location, no matter if locked or not.
    Was your volume pedal fully up, when you experienced these volume differences?

• Was your volume pedal fully up, when you experienced these volume differences?

No, it was half way. So on the original sound (where it was post stomps) it just made the sound a bit more clean but did not influence the volume, but on my edited sound it was post effects and consequently the effect on the overall volume was stronger.

www.audiosemantics.de
    I have been away for quite a while. A few years ago I sold my KPA and since then played my own small tube amp with a Bad Cat Unleash. Now I am back because the DI-profile that I made from my amp sounds very much convincing to me.

Edited 2 times, last by fretboardminer ().