Kemper Kabinet and "monitor cab off"

• Hi bros,
    8)

I have a Kemper Power Head and a Kemper Kabinet.

My questions are:

using the Kabinet, whos have a Kemper Kone FRFR, I must check or uncheck the icon "Monitor Cab Off"?

and on which output this will do difference (monitor output, speaker output...)?

Tks

• Did you have a look at the manual (v8.5.0 page 96ff)? I think the explanation there is really easy to understand, but if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

KEMPER Kone

The KEMPER Kone is fully controlled by the software of your PROFILER. Please activate its “intelligence”, navigate

to the “KEMPER Kone” page in the Output Section and press the soft button labeled “KEMPER Kone”.

You will find three familiar parameters that we have mirrored on the KEMPER Kone page for your convenience: Monitor Volume, Monitor Stereo and Monitor Cab Off. When Monitor Cab Off is not highlighted, the KEMPER Kone works in full-range mode.

Speaker Imprint Mode

By activating Monitor Cab Off, you suppress the cabinet simulation selectively for the MONITOR OUTPUT, in order to run a traditional guitar speaker via that output, or via the built-in power amp. You have learned this in chapter Running a Guitar Speaker Cabinet from a Power Amplifier, “Monitor Cab Off”. The KEMPER Kone mode fulfills this demand by switching from full-range mode to the Speaker Imprint mode and offers you the choice of 18 of the finest classic speaker imprints to choose from. You can now enjoy that “amp-in-the-room” sound — you might be surprised just how different it is to full-range mode!

• If you want to use the Marshall cab you should deactivate the Kone mode. Otherwise it should sound strange I think.
    haven’t tried this yet so I’m not sure, because my Kemper Kabinet is only a week old and still at home :D

But Someone with more knowledge can give you a better answer for sure.

• and on which output this will do difference (monitor output, speaker output...)?

Tks

that depends which Kabinet you have.

If you have the passive version then you connect to the Speaker Output. If you have the active version use Monitor Output. These are the only two outputs which run the required DSP for the Kabinet to work as FRFR or in Kone mode.