Can I use my Disaster Area DPC8EZ to switch Performances?

• Hi there,

I'm a complete midi noob, and definitely need help for this...

I want to use my Disaster Area DPC8EZ to switch Performances. I somehow managed to switch Profiles in Browse Mode, but Performance Mode would be much easier and more efficient. Is there someone on this Forum who uses the same Loop Switcher and can give me some instructions to make this work?

Kind regards

Konny

• Silly question, why do you need to do that? In other words performances align well with the remote. If you are using a midi switcher, then the arrangement of the profiles is more down to how its mapped to the switcher...hence why not just use browse mode?

• Haha, funny story actually! On Monday I stayed up til 2 am to program everything in browse mode. Everything seemed fine in the end. The thing is: I got two Kempers. One at home and another one at my rehearsal place. I transferred all my rigs to my USB stick, thinking everything would turn out fine. Unfortunately when I tried switching profiles during our rehearsal yesterday, nothing worked; completetly different rigs got selected...

• Silly question, why do you need to do that? In other words performances align well with the remote. If you are using a midi switcher, then the arrangement of the profiles is more down to how its mapped to the switcher...hence why not just use browse mode?

There are many conveniences to performance mode. So why not?

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.

Haha, funny story actually! On Monday I stayed up til 2 am to program everything in browse mode. Everything seemed fine in the end. The thing is: I got two Kempers. One at home and another one at my rehearsal place. I transferred all my rigs to my USB stick, thinking everything would turn out fine. Unfortunately when I tried switching profiles during our rehearsal yesterday, nothing worked; completetly different rigs got selected...

• Haha, funny story actually! On Monday I stayed up til 2 am to program everything in browse mode. Everything seemed fine in the end. The thing is: I got two Kempers. One at home and another one at my rehearsal place. I transferred all my rigs to my USB stick, thinking everything would turn out fine. Unfortunately when I tried switching profiles during our rehearsal yesterday, nothing worked; completetly different rigs got selected...

you stumbled upon one of the advantages of performance mode. The midi pc is autoassignet. In browse mode the recieving kemper might already have assignments, so in order not to break those when copying rigs, the assignments are not copied with the rigs.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.