New tune, Reward

• It's an old favourite of many sound engineers, I like it but I prefer to do doubles/triples etc. What a lovely thing sound is, so malleable, endless options.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• The Kemper does have a double tracker effect built right into it. We should all give it a try sometime!

I have to confess my only issue with ADT is I'm recording not playing live so there's sort of an inbuilt flaw there for me - I mean if you want it to sound tighter that's all well and good but not going to help the fact that if you couldn't double track it then chances are the original wasn't tight to begin with, and if you can play the original line tightly then you no longer need ADT because obviously you're tight enough to be able to double track it... :P

• I tried that double tracker when they released it and kind of forgot about it, to me it sounds more like an effect than an actual double take, will have to revisit, i totally forgot about it.

"Music makes the world a better place. Music doesn't lie. If there is something to be changed in this world, then it can only happen through music."

Jimi Hendrix.

• I've actually got so used to doing individually recorded left and right rhythm tracks now that i don't think I'd do anything else. I've got into flow when i record now that i just do it as a matter of course.

• Same here, specailly for rock music, the only time I have used any tricks is when I have called up very old recordings where I can't duplicate the sound I havd on a particualr guitar.

Jimi Hendrix.

• I've actually got so used to doing individually recorded left and right rhythm tracks now that i don't think I'd do anything else. I've got into flow when i record now that i just do it as a matter of course.

Same, you just get used to a workflow. It’s quicker to add another track and hit record than faff around with fx.

• I find it easy if I know I am going to DT a part, to record that part in stereo first so I get a good feel for how it sounds, and then pan the stereo track to left and record a new stereo track on right. I like how this "keeps me in the groove" and if I move the left and right pans more to center instead of hard pans then you get a bit of quad tracking effect.

So, that one single stereo track left and one single stereo track right. I also record sometimes with two mono tracks set hard left and hard right (with Kemper Left and Right outs respectively), and then record a single stereo track for the center and slowly bring up the volume from zero to help fill in the center as necessary.

I like how this works. I am not sure if it is common practice in a studio though.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.