Anyone know how to properly get SPDIF working between Kemper and RME UFX inside Totalmix FX???

• Can you please tell me how to access the driver settings on the UFX please? I feel like this equipment might be going to waste since I should be able to use the original cables I bought for the AES to spdif. Not mad or anything, I just want to use the converter now with adat to see if it actually works since I bought the cables and the converter.

Not sure in which way the UFX drivers are different, but on most RME interfaces you should have two icons in lower right corner (at least on pc). One is for totalmix the other is for the general settings. This is also the place where you set the buffer size. There should be a option to configure at least one of the 2 ADAT inputs for SPDIF.

On a Mac, it might be a little different, i don´t know.

Once the signals gets through you should have the meters react in the totalmix. You still may have to route the SPDIF input to the output that you use for monitoring.

• You just verified a method I tried yesterday... I will have to take screen prints and post them here for you guys to help me get this right. Later on tonight I will try again and post the pictures. Maybe I can get this working, but I tried as you said last night... one icon for the RME and one icon for totalmix. I used those settings to try and get adat1 or adat2 to work with spdif in totalmix, no luck so far.

• sorry to bring up a year old thread, but I'm having a similar issue with my RME Multiface and HDSP Mixer. Did you ever find a solution?

• sorry to bring up a year old thread, but I'm having a similar issue with my RME Multiface and HDSP Mixer. Did you ever find a solution?

What issue? There is coaxial spdif on the Multiface already, no?

If there is no coaxial pdif, like on the UFX, one can use the AES3 input instead.

• Hello everyone,

This is my first post here as I got my Kemper yesterday (yay!!!).

So I am trying to connect it with my RME UFX using the SPDIF connection going to AES.
    Although I made it work I have the following problem:

• If I set the clock to Internal (because I really want the RME to be the master) then I get sound but the Kemper loses sync every now and then. So I hear those annoying clicks which suggest clocks mismatch.
    • If I set the clock to AES then the Kemper works like a charm, perfectly in sync. But the problem is that if I turn off my Kemper everything gets messed up in my DAW as the clock switches to ADAT and everything goes out of sync.

I want my RME to be the Master because it's the only thing that is turned on all the time whereas my Kemper is not used all the time (well, not really but...).

Is there a setting I am missing? Is there any viable way to make the Kemper Slaved to the RME?

Thanks in advance and nice to meet you all!

• Dis you manage to find the answer? I know this thread is 10 years old buy why not!

• Dis you manage to find the answer? I know this thread is 10 years old buy why not!

Can you give some details of the issue you are having? Computer operating systems and interface drivers have come a long way since this thread was started. I have an RME UCC II and have had zero issues getting my Kemper Stage to work using SPDIF into my interface. I didn't have to adjust anything. It all worked like it should when I plugged it in.