Help between Focusrite Scarlett and Kemper SPDIF

• Hi all,

map my recording setup in my home studio uses a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 with Pro Tools as my DAW. I’ve wanted to record my Kemper via SPDIF, but for whatever reason when I connect it, SPDIF is not even an I/O option. Have tried the stuff I’ve seen through a search where it says about trying to sort settings out in the Focusrite Control Panel but it still isn’t having any of it. So currently I’m having to use 2 XLR’s out from the Kemper into 2 separate inputs on the Scarlett. Anybody got any ideas on how I can rectify this? Or alternatively do I need to have a L and a R out from the Kemper into the interface, and instead just use 1 as a guitar uses a mono lead? Thanks in advance

• SPDIF needs no other XLR/TS connections. Check this out...

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi. I know I don’t need the other cables for SPDIF, but sadly I can’t get the SPDIF input to be seen by my DAW when the Kemper is connected to it and I’m not getting sound come through the Scarlett when it is connected via SPDIF cable. The XLR lines are what I’m having to use currently as the SPDIF route doesn’t seem to be working for me. I’ll give the vid a look, thanks

• having looked at the video I’ll have to give that a try when I get back from work. I know when I’ve tried to connect it up in the past I’ve had something pop up when changing one of the settings, saying that ‘x’ needs to be restarted to change the settings. Yet I’ve tried resetting things and nothing changed so gave up on SPDIF route. But I’ll have another go and report back

• make sure you actually have the kemper putting output to the spdif output as well and the frequency matches the focusrite.

from rig manager on pc, output section

i think the focusrite has to be a slave too for spdif if i remember right

i switch outputs all the time for other stuff/cabs and i forget to turn it back on later lol.