Are the Kemper folks working on an "Editor"?

• I've read a lot of post stating the need for an editor, but nothing about Kemper actually working on, or coming out with an editor. Any (new) news?

• I've read a lot of post stating the need for an editor, but nothing about Kemper actually working on, or coming out with an editor. Any (new) news?

I don't believe that an editor is in the works from Kemper. Performance mode and the foot controller seem more like what we'll see next. However, perhaps the sage Davide has a better viewpoint of this ... 8)

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Its become apparent that Kemper totally underestimated the need for a proper KPA Editor.
    Irregardless of how easy it is to program the KPA using only the on-board knobs and controls, I would voice that in today's world where all of us are pressed for time, i will often use spare moments - like my lunch break at work, or other "offline" moments when I'm away from my physical guitar rig to manage my setlist, build new Guitar Processor patches, arrange their sequence, using nothing more than a Netbook running the typical GUI editor provided by Fender Fuse, Line6 HD Edit, VG-99 Edit - in "offline mode" and not physically connected to my gear. This is an essential tool most of us take for granted with any "Pro" guitar processor - sad it remains missing and not on the agenda for the KPA.

In the mean time, i look forward to end user created tools.

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…ad&threadID=5523&pageNo=1

If the link above does not work - search on "Rig Tags extractor" post by GuyTarero

or

http://kemper-amps.com/forum/i…&threadID=5440&highlight=
    search on "Work in progress - KPA TAG editor software"

Personally i don't care about an editor. :P
    I can live without an IPad, a netbook, tweeter, facebook, my modu and...a KPA editor. :whistling:

The above statement (sadly) seems to be the dominant opinion of most KPA owners, and those get the ear of Mr. Kemper.

So as I said - "In the mean time, i look forward to end user created KPA tools."

• I don't really miss an editor since, unlike the AxeFX, the KPA is already quite easy to edit. And since (sadly) there is no USB audio support, there is no need for a VST plugin.

What I'm desperate for though is a Librarian - patch management is a massive pain in the arse at the moment. Similarly, editing all the metadata when creating profiles is such a chore that I've just stopped doing it altogether - no more profiles from me until they release a Librarian! X(

It's such an obvious failing (to me anyway) that I can't understand why it's taking so long. It's been out for months now and there's still no set list functionality. It's hard to believe this is the same company that produced the Virus TI - I assumed they would carry over everything they learned on that excellent product into the KPA. ?(

• I don't really miss an editor since, unlike the AxeFX, the KPA is already quite easy to edit. And since (sadly) there is no USB audio support, there is no need for a VST plugin.

What I'm desperate for though is a Librarian - patch management is a massive pain in the arse at the moment. Similarly, editing all the metadata when creating profiles is such a chore that I've just stopped doing it altogether - no more profiles from me until they release a Librarian! X(

It's such an obvious failing (to me anyway) that I can't understand why it's taking so long. It's been out for months now and there's still no set list functionality. It's hard to believe this is the same company that produced the Virus TI - I assumed they would carry over everything they learned on that excellent product into the KPA. ?(

Well said. I would think at the least KPA should have a "Librarian". Also, I'm not sure I understand how you download user profiles if the KPA doesn't have "USB Audio Support". So what is "USB Audio Support"?

So what is "USB Audio Support"?

This would be a mode where the KPA could function as a USB Audio Interface for direct recording into DAW application (Logic, Reaper, Protools 10) , rather like a POD HD500, or Roland VG-99 can.

Due to "Holiday" season in Europe during all of August, it will probably be a few weeks before we see any more KPA updates

• along with that it would be nice if you could sort the rig exchange by "number of votes" and "highest vote". That way I can sort through the BS and get the best rigs.

• along with that it would be nice if you could sort the rig exchange by "number of votes" and "highest vote". That way I can sort through the BS and get the best rigs.

If you did that you'd miss many outstanding profiles. The voting started after there were a large number of rigs already in the exchange. Not only that, but many of us simply don't use the voting.

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

You worry too much, if you do too much research you end up getting conflicting opinions and you can't make a decision...don't forget, this is the internet.

You can have 3 Profiles on your Kemper, you can have 10 Profiles if you want, or a 1000...it's up to you.
    An Editor doesn't change that decision.

Setup the Profiles/Rigs you want, export them to a USB stick.
    Now put a USB stick in your Kemper with an empty backup, a few seconds later your Kemper is empty.
    Put the USB stick with your favourites into the Kemper, Import them...done.

• You worry too much, if you do too much research you end up getting conflicting opinions and you can't make a decision...don't forget, this is the internet.

You can have 3 Profiles on your Kemper, you can have 10 Profiles if you want, or a 1000...it's up to you.
    An Editor doesn't change that decision.

Setup the Profiles/Rigs you want, export them to a USB stick.
    Now put a USB stick in your Kemper with an empty backup, a few seconds later your Kemper is empty.
    Put the USB stick with your favourites into the Kemper, Import them...done.

My wife says I tend to over think decisions. Well, maybe I do. But, the KPA is not inexpensive. If I buy the KPA, I also will have to buy a set of Studio Monitors. I know since I'm not going to cut corners on the studio monitors, I'll have a sizable investment. I'm taking my time and asking question. This is a total turnaround from my impulse buying days.

• You aren't really overanalyzing, its a big investment. Its just that we owners know that having an editor with gear that is lacking something tonewise is worse than having killer tone and lacking an editor. The sound is the main thing, always. The editors will come. Kemper is beginning to offer assistance to the software devs who are creating an editor.

bd

• They should add a 2 level folder system and use the performance mode position to manage folders, rigs, cabs, etc...
    By the way one day for sure the KPA will be connected to your computer. It has already a MAC adress.