Wah Wah Settings

• OK, let me start by saying that my experience with Wah pedals is minimal. However, I just got my cheapie M-Audio EX-P expression pedal and want to get the most out of it. As a volume pedal it worked perfectly. However, as a Wah pedal I just can't seem to get that Hendrixy sound I'm looking for. Any of you folks out there have some suggestions? What settings do you use for your pedals? ?(

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Search for Cry Baby in the forum, CK and some other users have posted settings for that sound

"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" Serghei Rachmaninoff

• Thanks Davide! We'll see how this goes. I noticed in one of the posts that there are presets now too, so I'll have to try those. :thumbup:

Go for it now. The future is promised to no one. - Wayne Dyer

• Crybaby preset is perfect for dirt/lead......Although....I can't seem to dial in a decent clean wah sound for funky sounds. The crybaby really makes a clean setting distort and sound terrible.

I'm a little disappointed because I have "locked" the crybaby wah on stomp D so I can leave it on for all profiles and not waste one of the 3 stomps I have setup on my FCB1010. It would have been great to have an "all purpose" wah there.

• This is a bit off topic, but I find if you're using a clean or somewhat crunchy sound a wah in front of the amp can be great, but if you're going for a high gain sound, especially if the distortion is coming from poweramp distortion, putting the wah after the amp is more ideal.

• Crybaby preset is perfect for dirt/lead......Although....I can't seem to dial in a decent clean wah sound for funky sounds. The crybaby really makes a clean setting distort and sound terrible.

I'm a little disappointed because I have "locked" the crybaby wah on stomp D so I can leave it on for all profiles and not waste one of the 3 stomps I have setup on my FCB1010. It would have been great to have an "all purpose" wah there.

Try to bring down Clean Sense a bit.