Phasey Sound

• Hello,

i think i have problem with my Kemper. I´m experiencing a phasey sound on a lot of high gain profiles. First i though it could the dying batteries on my active PU, but i have the same problem with my passive ones. I dont know since when i have this problem. You just realize it someday and then it annoys you. Here is a clip of the Sound im experiencing:

https://soundcloud.com/emilio-…m_campaign=social_sharing

I hope someone can help me out with this one.

Kind regards

Miguel

• Phasey issues are usually from running the Kemper stereo into a mono source. You may need to explain how you have it hooked up to get help.

Does it sound phasey with headphones plugged into the Kemper? The Kemper has a SPACE effect it uses for the headphone out and can also be used on other outputs. Again if your output is being summed (turned from stereo to mono) you can get phase issues.

Most verbs and delays have chorus built in. You can turn down the chorus effect or even turn verbs and delays off to test.

• As RosboneMako said, test on headphones first to find out if the problem is really at the KPA end or further down the line.

Most phase problems are actually further down the signal chain and are created by two separate sound sources running simultaneously. One of the most common causes is actually hearing the direct KPA signal along with the signal from your interface via the DAW monitoring. Makes sure there is absolutely no duplication of the signal path. If you are monitoring via the DAW the direct signal mist be muted. If you are monitoring directly from the KPA outs the DAW input monitoring (which may be automatically engaged depending on your settings) mist be muted.

• I have the same issue when playing through the headphone jack (Kemper). All effects are off. Im using SPDIF output most of the time.