Running amps in Kemper effects loop

• Just saw a video of a guy running a Marshall in the loop section of an Axe FX III. That way he could record his clean guitar DI and later reamp using the Marshall in the loop via S/pdif. I should be able to do that with the Kemper right? Has anyone tried that or is using that method? Would make my life and cabling situation so much easier!

• Ive tried using a 4 cable method (pre amp in the loop)with the Kemper to use all the fx.

Didnt like the tone, it got really muffled, maybe an impedance issue. So Ive profiled various settings just the preamp to use with the fx return of the amp.

Sounds great on the cab and I still have multiple settings.

• Looking for the easiest way to reamp. I can't believe that a company has not made a simple box for reamping with an input, loop for an amp or preamp and s/pdif in and outs.

I own a studio so I have a reamp box, extra converters and PLENTY of amps. Gets a little tedious.

Just want to reamp amps and use impulse responses for cabs. Any suggestions are appreciated.

• For sure there are likely plenty of people on here that have re-amped with the Kemper that will be able to give you some great answers. I'm more of "make the magic" or nothing type when recording. (old school) Once I lay a DI for re-amping, even if it's perfect, is just not the same to me browsing amps after compared to recording what you hear, as the tone,compression,sag effects etc. etc. has a lot to do with how I attack the guitar depending what I'm going for. I do know lots of dudes that swear by re-amping tho.

• Thanks for the input Dynochrome! Yeah, hopefully somebody on here has tried it out. Just not sure if the loop in the Kemper is correct for this. Really don't want to get an Axe FX just to do it.

• Good to know Wheresthedug. Yeah, I've got a Two Notes attenuator for the amps so no problem there. If I remember correctly, the old Digi Eleven rack could do it but I'm worried about the quality of the converters. When Two Notes came out with the Reload box they should have put s/pdif on it. This might be more trouble than it's worth though.

• Good to know Wheresthedug. Yeah, I've got a Two Notes attenuator for the amps so no problem there. If I remember correctly, the old Digi Eleven rack could do it but I'm worried about the quality of the converters. When Two Notes came out with the Reload box they should have put s/pdif on it. This might be more trouble than it's worth though.

I have the Reload too but never turn it on these days.

• Really don't want to get an Axe FX just to do it.

If you have a Kemper, unless you want to spend more time tweaking than making killer amp tones, You won't need an AXFX IMO. I spent a TON of time researching between the two. Years ago I would have wanted ALL the options knowing I was educated enough to handle,understand and manipulate them, and I had a digital/hybrid unit where you could tweak everything that sounded great, and opened up for someone in a big 700 seat club that had a one channel amp with 4 knobs that sounded awesome and it made me realize I just need something that sounds great "stock" with little tweaking and the Kemper won. The greatest rock recordings didn't have FX routing options,loops, beam blockers, just good music, most of it that will outlast the majority of tunes that were made in the last 30 years that had all this amazing tweakability.

• Dynochrome, appreciate the response. What I was really looking for was the easiest way on reamping. Ended up hard wiring a 14 space rack dedicated just to reamping. Now all I have to do is plug in the Soldano, Splawn, Engel or Marshalls, change one cable and I'm good to go.