Focusrite 8i6 SPDIF, Pro tools, Monitoring ability is gone

• Been doing the SPIDF Thing for a year. Using Pro Tools, 3rd Gen 8i6. As of yesterday. I no longer have the ability to listen to my guitar thru protools. I always hear the guitar, Like it is routed from Kemper straight to Monitors. I playback Protools thru monitors. It has to be something with Focusrite routing?

Currently I have Hardware inputs on Analogue 1-2 and SPDIF 1 And SPDIF 2. Software DAW Playback on , Playback 1-2 and Playback 5 and playback 6 ( SPDIF).

It used to be if I didn't have the green Input button activated on the pro tools track , then I couldn't hear the guitar. Something is screwed up and I can't google an answer for the Life of me.

;(

• Yea I tried that a few Times. I may have to switch back to analog inputs to record anything. The SPDIF has been a cleaner alternative on the recording desk

I actually do not hear any guitar thru DAW, it appears to be straight thru monitors. I hear my tracks thru DAW and I can Record the guitar and hear it on playback. Very confusing.

Edited once, last by Loafman3 ().

• On my Motu, I have a Mix knob (Input/Playback) that either allows me to hear the guitar out of the Kemper or hear it out of the DAW, and can blend the two. Does Focusrite have something similar?

I see a pic of your Outputs but not a pic of your Inputs. Do you have SPDIF Output set to Git Studio on Page 1 of 9 of the Kemper Output settings? The SPDIF Output on Kemper goes to SPDIF Input in DAW.

Larry Mar @ Lonegun Studios. Neither one famous yet.

• Hi, If you just want to hear through Pro Tools, then:

• Close the two SPDIF inputs in Focusrite Control
    • Ensure the guitar track in Pro Tools has SPDIF set as its input and then click on either the green or red button to monitor.

If you want to play and listen without having to open a DAW, you can open the SPDIF inputs in Focusrite Control and you'll then be monitoring via Focusrite.