Some Marshall Jubilee profiles incoming and a cool idea

• So, I need to clean up info on my profiles and get them uploaded, change my website to reflect the changes, etc. But here's something cool I did differently:

I took a pic of each amp setting to correspond with the profile. So, look at Jubliee profile 3 pic, and see the settings the real amp had. There were a few settings that would have been a real pain to do, so I put a note on them - for example, some have the gain pot pulled out for clipping... I note that on the pic. Ditto for when I use the 1/2 power setting.

Here's a pic of the 18 settings... I'll include the original jpg which is twice this size and much easier to read. Figured this might make it easier to 'see' what you're hearing, so to speak. You can also see the red LED for lead channel active. This was a fun amp to profile, I think the tones came out pretty cool.

1-15 go up in gain from clean channel to clean channel clipping pulled to lead channel to lead channel with clipping pulled. 16 to 18 are with the amp DIMED in 1/2 power mode and using the clean channel. Gets a cool neo-vintage tone this way. You can hear the tubes cook!

[Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/105qucw.jpg]

Pete

• Damn reflector knobs, sometimes it hard to see where the black line is.

However, I do thank you for doing this. I would like to see more pictures of the amp as it is being profiled. Many times when you get the profile the front EQ only shows 12'oclock on all settings. It's nice to see what they really were set at on the amp. A lot of times you hear certain pro players played with the bass at 2'oclock so you may try to massage a profile by moving the bass to 2'oclock only to get a a no so pleasing response. This may throw off future Kemper purchasers because they saw a video that said there is a lull at 125 Hz, when it is actually how the amp was set while profiled.

Keep up the good work. I love your profiles and will be sending you some paypal soon when I get some spare bucks.

• Thanks guys. I think it will make things easier - on the 'full size' pic I have, it's more readable too. Heck, that Jubillee is hard enough to read in person! My idea was this way if someone wants, they can just look at a pic of settings, find something close to what they want, reference the number and POW they have it.

Only downside is, I'm sure someone will eventually want a profile of the amp with say, bass on 9.5, treble on 10, mids on 7.4344, etc... but at least with this you know where you are starting from. The biggest help I think is in just seeing how much gain and volume the amp has. On the cleaner settings I had all EQ at noon, all EQ cranked, and all EQ cranked but mids cut to half. On the gainier ones I set it where the amp sounded best to me. There are so many variables though - this set of profiles was done with my favorite cab - a '72 stock slant. But if I change cabs - BOOM, totally different tones. Same thing if I change mics... I went with a Sennheiser 609 instead of SM57 and it sounds great! But if I went SM57 that would change too, etc.

This was one of the first marshalls with the dreaded 'diode clipping' and I did get several profiles of that (the pull rhythm notes when I had the clipping on). I think everyone will be surprised, it sounds fine IMHO.

Pete