Problems recording KEMPER Rack in STUDIO ONE 5

• Hi all--a relative noobie here. I've been loving my Kemper Rack big time (!!) but am having a really difficult time trying to figure out how to record it in my Studio One 5 DAW. I'm using an IK MM AXE I/0 and am getting audible signal through it but can't seem to get the SO5 to enable it in the external instrument window. I got it entered in but can't figure out how to actually record it. I'm getting a prompt that says that it conflicts with my iRig Keys 2 in the midi port. I'm considering pulling the keyboard off of it but I'm just learning how to use the Studio One 5 and it was really tough to get THAT to work as well. (haven't been able to find my notes on that-not sure if I took any). If I just leave the Keys unplugged couldI theoretically use the port with the Kemper? I appreciate any help on this, it's been frustrating trying to get it to work! Any ideas?

PS-I'd read about how using XLR's on I/Os wasn't the best idea because of the mic preamp issues that are often the case. Thought that the AXE 1/O would be a bit different but it appears to have the same problem as other I/Os. I notice a rather notificable difference between the Kemper on headphones and what I'm getting in the Studio One 5. It doesn't have that dynamic warmth and delicious tone that I'm used to. So I'll be getting some adaptors to 1/4 inch or just go straight 1/4 inch, a bit low on those right now. At least I'm aware of that.

Edited once, last by MarcusC ().

• So I'll be getting some adaptors to 1/4 inch or just go straight 1/4 inch, a bit low on those right now. At least I'm aware of that.

you don’t need adapters. Just use a couple of regular guitar cables. The signal won’t be balanced so will be more susceptible to noise interference but with a line level signal over a short distance that shouldn’t be an issue.